having trouble with Yahoo weather app.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jacobjester

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas City, MO
Sorry, I know this is a stupid question, but my iPhone came preset with weather to Cupertino and New York. I live in Dallas. For whatever reason, I can't set the weather to show my Dallas instead of the other two. Could someone please help an ignorant newbie and tell me how to preset weather to show my specific city?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Sorry, I know this is a stupid question, but my iPhone came preset with weather to Cupertino and New York. I live in Dallas. For whatever reason, I can't set the weather to show my Dallas instead of the other two. Could someone please help an ignorant newbie and tell me how to preset weather to show my specific city?
Click the little i in the bottom right corner, then click the + in the upper left and enter your city name.

Click the Y! logo in the left corner lets you look up information
about that city.

LaureenDa

Dec 3, 2007
How to use Yahoo! Weather on your iPhone:

Simply select the Weather widget on your iPhone to access the latest forecasts from Yahoo! Weather. To add a city to track simply:
  1. Select Weather
  2. Select i
  3. Select +
  4. Enter city name, select Search and select correct result
  5. Select Done.
cheers

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL

That's funny because the first day I had my iPhone that was my biggest frustration, too. I finally figured it out, but using "i" is less than intuitive. Other than that I love the weather app -- I've got about 10 cities in it and I use it all the time. BTW, there is a new iPhone manual, available for download, and it is in the manual, too (not that anyone ever bothers to read the manual).

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I want to know why the only info I can get from the weather app are the current conditions and a 7 day graphic? Where is the NWS text? How about the special weather announcements? I was under a winer weather advisory yesterday but I wouldn't know it from this app. Someone can be a under a hurricane warning and it wouldn't even indicate it. What's up with the lack of info?

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
I want to know why the only info I can get from the weather app are the current conditions and a 7 day graphic?
Because the developers wrote it that way.;)

Where is the NWS text? How about the special weather announcements?
hmmmm. Let me think. Perhaps they are at the NWS Web site?:p

I was under a winer weather advisory yesterday but I wouldn't know it from this app. Someone can be a under a hurricane warning and it wouldn't even indicate it. What's up with the lack of info?
Hey, the app is what it is. If you want more info try some of the Web apps. I supplement the weather app with a Web app from Accuweather. I like the built in weather app for a little weather at a glance around the country, but with Web access, you can have all the weather info you want from any Web site you want.:laugh2:

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Hey, the app is what it is. If you want more info try some of the Web apps. I supplement the weather app with a Web app from Accuweather. I like the built in weather app for a little weather at a glance around the country, but with Web access, you can have all the weather info you want from any Web site you want.:laugh2:
I agree, as I use the iPhone version of the weather underground website, and it is excellent. If there was a way to make that web app an icon on my homescreen I would!