Having trouple accessing iPhone files

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bigmac

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Los Angeles
Can anyone help? I am running 1.1.1 and newest iTunes. I jailbroke my phone, and installed BSD installer, open SSH and summerboard. I tried to access files using godzella. Where exactly do I enter my iPhones IP address? I tried where I thought but the connection continues to 'time out'. any suggestions? I tried the iPhone file transfer program (forgot the name) and I only see a few files from my iPhone, not all of them! :mad:

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
You need to find the IP address of your iPhone to put in as the IP to connect to. You can find it by connecting to Wifi then going to the Preferences->Wifi and clicking on the blue arrow next to the AP you are connected to. This will give you the IP address to use to connect to with SSH.

bigmac

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Los Angeles
You need to find the IP address of your iPhone to put in as the IP to connect to. You can find it by connecting to Wifi then going to the Preferences->Wifi and clicking on the blue arrow next to the AP you are connected to. This will give you the IP address to use to connect to with SSH.

I try this and it locates the address, but then times out. Does the iPhone have to be on the same router? I don't have a wireless access point!

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I try this and it locates the address, but then times out. Does the iPhone have to be on the same router? I don't have a wireless access point!
If you don't have wireless how are you connecting the iPhone? It has to be on your network to be accessible. Wifi has to be on and connected to get the necessary Ip address and access to the phone.