HayeSIMus SchmayeSIMus, gCalWall V 1.1 Is Here

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Tired of waiting for the long-delayed Hayesimus V 2.0 update? Need something to fill in for it on your iPhone? Bollocks, this is why I never made it in the cutthroat world of advertising.

gCalWall is my friend Brandon's first iPhone app, and it's a pretty good one. It let's you view your Google Calendar upcoming appointments on your lock screen (no auto-updating, due to SDK restrictions of course). Here is its App Store link.

Brandon had one promo code for a free copy left over from a recent contest.

So first person to post here with a snarky comment about Hayesimus 2.0, listing why Hayesimus 2.0 cannot match gCalWall 1.1 gets the promo code ...

gcalwallupdate.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Thanks Patrick, this looks like a really cool app, can't wait to try it out.
And thanks to your friend as well.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i got yelled at for my snarky comments.....

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
That'll be $50. Oh wait, we don't do that here.:p

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Thanks Patrick, this looks like a really cool app, can't wait to try it out.
And thanks to your friend as well.
No worries - it's Brandon who made sure he had codes for this - I'm just helping him out a bit by posting for him, and taking the opportunity to mess with Hayes :)

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
That'll be $50. Oh wait, we don't do that here.:p
LOL - yeah, that is such a sad, stupid state of affairs. At least one of the 'Pay us to review you' sites has some really high traffic etc. rankings and is supposedly 'well-respected' - what a friggin' bad joke! :(

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
^i'm gonna stay out of this one for the time being, i think i've pissed off enough people recently :)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Hey...shouldnt you be giving apps away too...or something :p
Well, since you tossed it up to the plate, there is this contest.

As far as giveaways, I rarely if ever get developer codes. They bypass me...and just post in the forums. Patrick, to his credit, followed the correct method of distributing codes. Reminds me I have to re-write a bit of the forum policy to correct some of the abuses.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Well, since you tossed it up to the plate, there is this contest.

As far as giveaways, I rarely if ever get developer codes. They bypass me...and just post in the forums. Patrick, to his credit, followed the correct method of distributing codes. Reminds me I have to re-write a bit of the forum policy to correct some of the abuses.
That link you gave Chris for the contest opens an error message: "Internet Explorer cannot open that site, operation aborted".
Maybe still part of that glitch with IE your working on.

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
That link you gave Chris for the contest opens an error message: "Internet Explorer cannot open that site, operation aborted".
Maybe still part of that glitch with IE your working on.
Geez, this is killing me. What version of IE are you using?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
IE blows. There are too many BETTER options out there for internet browsing now. I personally like FireFox, but occasionally find it lacking a plug-in I might need. Safari was nice too, and worked a lot like FireFox, but I sort of just stopped using it one day.
The older the IE version the less patch code has in it. Unfortunately, it also makes it less compatible with todays websites.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Yep I use firefox and still have IE6 mostly because its nice for ftp access or anything that needs to look like windows explorer.

But back on topic...that app is tight. It would be way better if the SDK wasn't restrictive but I like the idea. The only thing is I can't justify paying for it :p. I still haven't spent a penny since I bought my iPhone (that is on any apps or accessories).