heading to the Apple store today...

alright, i bought a new 3GS and have failed to find a good case for it. i bought the capsule rebel and it started scratching my phone. (faulty case, maybe?) i had no luck with the feather case either. i tried the incase slider on my 3G but i don't think i'd use it again.

so does anyone have any recommendations? i see a few i like on Apple's website but i've never tried them. is incase's frame case nice? is it hard to get your phone in the speck candyshell? i prefer a softer case, not hard plastic.

thanks guys :)

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I can tell you that the incase Slider or the Seidio Innocase II are the best over-all hardshell cases out there.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I can tell you that the incase Slider or the Seidio Innocase II are the best over-all hardshell cases out there.
Got to be the incase slider, it's such a simple idea thats payed off big time.

if you have a massive amount of money go for the element case.

macscac

Bronze
Jun 17, 2009
my wife really likes her ifrogs luxe.
if you are into full cases, it does a nice job and has soft insides.

im more of a minimalist. (and less klutsy)

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
You should look at the Vaja cases. They are pricey but I think they are worth it.

http://www.vajacases.com/
My personal experience with VaJa was horrible. I got it hooked on a door jam and it popped the phone out and sent it spinning across the parking lot. The corners aren't protected and the phone can pop out of the case. In my experience - Pure Crap.
Little protection- Huge price. I would never recommend any of their products to anyone.

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e59/MatrixHawk/?action=view&current=Pics761avi.flv

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
I don't carry my vaja case on my hip and thus do not have the problem you described Hawk. It was your warning in a post some time ago that saved me from making that mistake and thanks for that warning. I do use a vaja case however and it has served me well. They do have many different cases and some may be what a person is looking for so to each his own.

JimMayor007

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Rivet makes some nice ones, dpends on your taste and style.

<3MyiPhone

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Misplaced Southern Californian
I had a White Incase Slider for my old 3G, did well protecting it from a fall. The case took the hit with only a slight crack on the case.

Tried a White Otterbox Defender case for my new 3GS, pretty tough case, but 2 of my chargers will not fit the the dock, so I'm returning it back to the company for a refund.

I'm now using a Speck Candy Shell. It's a nicely built case, no wonder iLounge had given it the title of Best in Show at MacWorld 2009.

jooley

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Land of the #1 Jayhawks!
I have a wardrobe of cases, leather, hard cases, hybrids, soft... my 2 current favorite are the SoloFX, mine is orange, and my blue Incase Frame.

harleygold

Bronze
Jul 26, 2008
Anderson, IN
iLuv scilicon case is my fav. So far. I did just get me a Mophie air case. Love the extended battery.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Another vote here for the incase slider, I bought the white and the pink and I interchange the colors, but thats just me ;)

thanks everyone. i ended up with the speck candyshell which i absolutely love. :laugh2: they should make a black/white one though. i almost bought the slider again but the last one i had scratched my 3G horribly even though i always made sure the phone was clean before i put it on. oh well, i may try another eventually.