headphone ideas?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iversonjai

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
hi...I have been to Apple store and looked at the bose / sony noise cancelling headphones...does anyone have some good recommendation (that are cheaper)?
(bose is too expensive but sounds good) (sony is a good price but there is none on display at the store)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Are you looking specifically for the Noise Cancelling ones or just any nice headphones? I have the Quiet Comfot 2 Bose headphones myself and they are absolutely amazing. Haha, I know not what you're wanting to hear. I did try the Sony NC headphones as well and while they were nice I liked the Bose ones more so I went with those.
I also have a pair of the Triport Earbuds which I highly recommend. They're only $100 and they are extremely comfortable and the sound quality of superb. I know that Shure makes some good earbuds as well but they didn't really fit into my ears well.

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
The V-Moda Vibe Duo's are what I am looking at getting. They are made specifically for the iPhone, so no extra connectors or trimming of plastic needed, and the newest edition have the integrated controls (just like the ones on the stock iBuds). From what I have read, these headphones sound great and block most external noise. They are $100, so that may be a bit more than you want to spend, but at least these headphones have a mic so you can talk on the phone as well.

I had a pair of the Shure e2c in ear buds and I loved them. I cannot seem to find them anymore, but they were great. The only thing, is any type of in ear canal headphones act like earplugs to block noise. This is in contrast to the "can" type that Bose makes, that emmits a frequency that stops noise. Some people cannot take the earplug feel, so I suggest trying on a pair of plain old earplugs and wearing them in a similar environmnet to where you will be using your iPhone for music. It is a strange feeling at first to hear yourself breath, in super hi-def surround sound!

I hope this helps!

iversonjai

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Thanks for the ideas. I'm not a big fan of earbuds so that is out of the question. I'm specifically looking for headphone.

To Youngbinks: do you know what is the difference between qc2 and qc3? Unfortunately I cannot afford $300 headphones right now. Maybe I'll save up for them.

dseig001

Oct 6, 2007
The V-Moda Vibe Duo's are what I am looking at getting. They are made specifically for the iPhone, so no extra connectors or trimming of plastic needed, and the newest edition have the integrated controls (just like the ones on the stock iBuds). From what I have read, these headphones sound great and block most external noise. They are $100, so that may be a bit more than you want to spend, but at least these headphones have a mic so you can talk on the phone as well.

I had a pair of the Shure e2c in ear buds and I loved them. I cannot seem to find them anymore, but they were great. The only thing, is any type of in ear canal headphones act like earplugs to block noise. This is in contrast to the "can" type that Bose makes, that emmits a frequency that stops noise. Some people cannot take the earplug feel, so I suggest trying on a pair of plain old earplugs and wearing them in a similar environmnet to where you will be using your iPhone for music. It is a strange feeling at first to hear yourself breath, in super hi-def surround sound!

I hope this helps!
If I remember correctly, the Moda's got a lot of complaints due to their lack of durability - is this still the case?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks for the ideas. I'm not a big fan of earbuds so that is out of the question. I'm specifically looking for headphone.

To Youngbinks: do you know what is the difference between qc2 and qc3? Unfortunately I cannot afford $300 headphones right now. Maybe I'll save up for them.

The only difference as far as I can tell are that the QC3 headphones are ON the headphones whereas the QC2 headphones are around the ear. The QC3's are a bit smaller but you don't get the advantage of the headphones encompassing your ears. I tried the QC3's in stores but I thought the noice cancelling technology was quite a bit more noticeable with the QC2's because they're around the ear.
They are definitely worth saving up for. I don't travel anywhere without mine and they are easily my favorite headphones to date. I think I've had my QC2's for a few years now and they're still functioning as if I just took them out of the package.

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007

I hope this helps!
Do you have any idea when these will be available?

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
the new v-moda with controls are out now and are shipping from vmoda. The Apple store near me had them but sold out. As far as durability, if you are talking about the problem with plastic separating from the jack, I read that they addressed the issue, so I hope it is fixed :)

Jun 26, 2007
i bought the v-moda headphones 2 days ago thinking i had got the ones with playback control. i get home and find out that they're not it. will Apple replace them or am i stuck?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
i bought the v-moda headphones 2 days ago thinking i had got the ones with playback control. i get home and find out that they're not it. will Apple replace them or am i stuck?
Yes. Not dissin' you, but I think it's funny you took the time to post on here instead of looking at your receipt or calling the store. :p Just pokin' fun. :laugh2: