Headphone Jack Adapter?

jrez

Jun 29, 2007
Powell, OH
I see the Apple online store has a couple of options, but neither of them look great. Anyone find a good adapter anywhere? I'm tired of using my iPod in my car and office and would like to just use my iPhone some of the time.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I bought the Belkin adapter, on Apple's site. The Belkin adapter on Apple's site IS flexible. I've been meaning to get pics uploaded, but I haven't had the chance....

fredthedog

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Go to Amazon and search for "Ipod Shuffle Sport Case" .... they have them on there for $5 with shipping. Included with that is an adaptor that works Great for this. Its what I use and its MUCH better then the Giant Belkin deal.

Attachments

ItoGator

Jul 3, 2007
Go to Amazon and search for "Ipod Shuffle Sport Case" .... they have them on there for $5 with shipping. Included with that is an adaptor that works Great for this. Its what I use and its MUCH better then the Giant Belkin deal.

I bought this one also and it works
great! It is much better than the belkyn and I got it for
$7 including shipping. I highly recommend it.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
search google for iPhone headphone adapter and a few options will pop up better then the belkin.
I'm not defending the Belkin, but why is it that everyone deems everything else "better than" the Belkin? Have you owned it? Do you KNOW that it's better? What is the basis of this opinion?

ItoGator

Jul 3, 2007
I'm guessing you already owned the belkin adapter?

Correct. As a matter of fact, I used the belkyn on a flight last week. It was decent. It is too long, though. I just got the shuffle case adapter yesterday and I like it much better. I just got back from returning the belkyn.

pharoh

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
headphone adapter

I see the Apple online store has a couple of options, but neither of them look great. Anyone find a good adapter anywhere? I'm tired of using my iPod in my car and office and would like to just use my iPhone some of the time.
Griffin Technology has them on their website. They will be available soon. they look nicer than most I have seen. I'll hold out and get one. Griffin is known to make a good product.

Jul 10, 2007
I also currently own and use the Belkin.

Depending on your type of use pattern you my or may not like it. When I had it on the plane it with my Shure E4c headphones the iPhone did seem a bit unwieldy in my hand while watching videos or movies. In other words, my palm could not fit around it comfortably because of the long adapter. So I found myself desperately seeking somewhere to set the iPhone down.

On the other hand, when the iPhone is in my pocket or on my desk at work the Belkin adapter is not an issue. In fact the flexibility of the long adapter seems to be a plus as I move around.

So @TrippalHealicks you are correct that one cannot make an absolute statement that one adapter is "better" than another.

How and where you use the phone is key to your decision.

I am keeping the Belkin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Thanks for the info. I have the Belkin, actually several, but I sure like the looks of the shuffle adapter better. Well I went to Amazon and cannot find this item. Hummm