Headphones with mic, clicker, and volume adjust for 3GS

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
aside from the ones that will be provided with the 3GS, i have only found the Apple in-ear headphones also have all of these features. Anyone know of any others?

I was hoping vmoda might have updated their line since the Apple in-ears have been out a while, but the vibeIIs do not have the volume adjustment...

Last edited by a moderator:

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
You can adjust the volume through the headphones? How do you do that?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
you need the volume adjuster.

so far only found on the Apple in-ear headphones, and (i think) the ipod shuffle. The 3GS should have them as well.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I bought the Apple in-ear headphones a few weeks ago anticipating that the volume adjustment would work with the new iPhone model. It looks like the iPhone 3G S will come with the same headphones that come with the latest Shuffle that are exactly like the new in-ears except for a standard earbud.

I had been looking for another pair of headphones with the volume control as well, but couldn't find any. Hopefully other manufacturers will make some once the iPhone 3G S is actually out...

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
I would like to see what the volume control headphones look like. Do you have a URL?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Z-Buds also have an inline volume adjuster, as well as the mic/function button

spampy22

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Everyone, there is now A2DP Stereo Bluetooth available with 3.0 and works very well. I have been running 3.0 with Moto S9-HD Bluetooth Headphones that have all the functions and sounds great.

Amazon has them on sale for $70.00

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Here. These list compatibility with the iPhone 3G S now, but not any previous iPhone model....

I have this set with my 3G but haven't been able to get the volume to work. The Apple guy said the volume isn't compatible with 3G maybe only 3GS and Shuffles.

Last edited by a moderator:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, the current iPhones are not supported.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Shure's Music Phone Adapter still works with the 3Gs but has no volume control. All the other controls work, including push and hold for Voice Controls. Personally I can do without the volume controls, Im already used to adjusting it while in my pocket. It would be nice, but not essential.

Deke736

Bronze
Jul 24, 2008
Near St. Louis, MO
Shure's Music Phone Adapter still works with the 3Gs but has no volume control. All the other controls work, including push and hold for Voice Controls. Personally I can do without the volume controls, Im already used to adjusting it while in my pocket. It would be nice, but not essential.
^^^I agree. I use the Shure adapter as well, and it works great with the 3GS. The volume control would be a nice feature, but one I can live without until some better headphones come out with the capability.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
^^^I agree. I use the Shure adapter as well, and it works great with the 3GS. The volume control would be a nice feature, but one I can live without until some better headphones come out with the capability.
This is what is starting to piss me off with the iPhone. I absolutely love this phone, so much so that I plan on updating annually. But every time I get an accessory, the next revision has limited functionality, if any.

For example, I gave my wife the 2G iPhone when I upgraded to 3G last year. At the same time I bought her the HK Drive+Play unit and installed it in her Jeep.

This past week rolls around and I upgrade to the 3Gs and give my wife my 3G, guess what device doesn't work with the Drive+Play unit?

Im not sure if I blame Apple for that though, HK could easily update the FW to support it, Im sure. Correct me if Im wrong please....

Anyway, its just starting to get annoying.