Headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by TexasRN, Mar 29, 2015.

1. TexasRN

TexasRN New Member

My iPhone 6+ has suddenly put itself on headphones instead of ringer....no headphones plugged in but I have plugged and unplugs set to see if would reset, didn't help. I have done a hard reboot, holding home and power buttons, and reset my settings each without success. Can anyone help me change this?
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1427663653.224727.jpg

2. TexasRN

TexasRN New Member

Also, when I reset my phone iMessage turned off, I've turned it back on but it's not working. Do I need to be on wifi for that to kick back in?

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

As for this, sometimes it takes a little while for iMessages to kick back into gear when you turn it back on.

Per your headphone issue, have you tried taking headphones and plugging them in a few times and then unplugging?

4. TexasRN

TexasRN New Member

iMessage has come back on but I still have the problem with the headphones instead of ringer. When I get a call I can't hear the caller because I'm not using headphones. This is really aggravating.

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Per your headphone issue, have you tried taking headphones and plugging them in a few times and then unplugging? There are several other tricks online to fix this.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It probably has lint in the headphone jack. This gives the phone the impression that headphones are plugged in. Shine a light into the port to see if there is any lint. You can remove it with a paper clip or compressed air.

iMessages can take over an hour to activate. Give it some time. It needs a network connection, but it doesn't matter if it's WiFi or cellular.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

They said they tried it and it didn't work in the original post. It probably just jammed the lint in deeper. Compressed air or a paper clip can be used to remove it.

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

My bad. I have reading issues, but yes compressed air I also read online, although I've never had this problem. :p

Paper clip?? I'm scared to use that just to get the sim card out. I had Apple send me the tool as I've never been sent it ever.

9. TexasRN

TexasRN New Member

I'm going to try compressed air to see if that works. I'll let you all know as soon as o get the compressed air lol...thanks for all the help.

10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Cheaper way I read is to just blow into the jack.

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It doesn't work as well. It's not going to be enough pressure if it's really jammed in there and you could get moisture in the jack.

12. TexasRN

TexasRN New Member

Compressed air worked!!!! And it was free lol ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1427668136.313121.jpg

13. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Do you have a case on your phone? I'm just curious to know how dust gets into the jack. Anything is possible. :p

14. TexasRN

TexasRN New Member

Yes I do, but there are cut outs on the headphone jack, the charging port, and the speaker. Guess I need something a little more protective. It's from Spigen.

15. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I have a Spigen clear back case on my iPhone 6+. This is the first time I've not had an Otterbox Defender. I keep phone in pocket when moving about, and haven't had dust in jack issue, but not saying it's not possible. :)

16. TexasRN

TexasRN New Member

Sounds like same case I have..mine is clear as well.

17. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I like not having a bulky case anymore, especially since I have a bigger iPhone now.

Anyways, back on topic, I'm glad all is fixed relating to the issues you were having.

18. TexasRN

TexasRN New Member

Thank you for the help. And, this is the first time I've ever had and issue with dust in the jack, and I'm a VERY loyal iPhone user.

19. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Wanna bet? ;)

20. TexasRN

TexasRN New Member

Yeah, blowing on it didn't work at all lol