Headphones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TexasRN

Dec 22, 2010
My iPhone 6+ has suddenly put itself on headphones instead of ringer....no headphones plugged in but I have plugged and unplugs set to see if would reset, didn't help. I have done a hard reboot, holding home and power buttons, and reset my settings each without success. Can anyone help me change this?
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1427663653.224727.jpg

TexasRN

Dec 22, 2010
Also, when I reset my phone iMessage turned off, I've turned it back on but it's not working. Do I need to be on wifi for that to kick back in?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Also, when I reset my phone iMessage turned off, I've turned it back on but it's not working. Do I need to be on wifi for that to kick back in?
As for this, sometimes it takes a little while for iMessages to kick back into gear when you turn it back on.

Per your headphone issue, have you tried taking headphones and plugging them in a few times and then unplugging?

TexasRN

Dec 22, 2010
iMessage has come back on but I still have the problem with the headphones instead of ringer. When I get a call I can't hear the caller because I'm not using headphones. This is really aggravating.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
iMessage has come back on but I still have the problem with the headphones instead of ringer. When I get a call I can't hear the caller because I'm not using headphones. This is really aggravating.
Per your headphone issue, have you tried taking headphones and plugging them in a few times and then unplugging? There are several other tricks online to fix this.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It probably has lint in the headphone jack. This gives the phone the impression that headphones are plugged in. Shine a light into the port to see if there is any lint. You can remove it with a paper clip or compressed air.

iMessages can take over an hour to activate. Give it some time. It needs a network connection, but it doesn't matter if it's WiFi or cellular.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Per your headphone issue, have you tried taking headphones and plugging them in a few times and then unplugging? There are several other tricks online to fix this.
They said they tried it and it didn't work in the original post. It probably just jammed the lint in deeper. Compressed air or a paper clip can be used to remove it.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
They said they tried it and it didn't work in the original post. It probably just jammed the lint in deeper. Compressed air or a paper clip can be used to remove it.
My bad. I have reading issues, but yes compressed air I also read online, although I've never had this problem. :p

Paper clip?? I'm scared to use that just to get the sim card out. I had Apple send me the tool as I've never been sent it ever.

TexasRN

Dec 22, 2010
I'm going to try compressed air to see if that works. I'll let you all know as soon as o get the compressed air lol...thanks for all the help.

TexasRN

Dec 22, 2010
Yes I do, but there are cut outs on the headphone jack, the charging port, and the speaker. Guess I need something a little more protective. It's from Spigen.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Yes I do, but there are cut outs on the headphone jack, the charging port, and the speaker. Guess I need something a little more protective. It's from Spigen.
I have a Spigen clear back case on my iPhone 6+. This is the first time I've not had an Otterbox Defender. I keep phone in pocket when moving about, and haven't had dust in jack issue, but not saying it's not possible. :)