Headset got busted :-(

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

neo_gr8est1

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Hello everyone...
The stock headset which came with the iPhone was alright but now the right bud isn't working...I have used it for about a month and don't remember being harsh on it...The clicker and the lest bud is just fine...What can i do?I am from India so cant go to Apple :p
Pls help...
Thank you..

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
It's a bit of a consumable item really - for the ease and speed of it - I'd order a new one and keep the old one as an emergency backup

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I also got new ones replaced from Apple. You have not had your phone for very long, they should do it. I would give it a try.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I have to hand it to Apple for being pretty dependable in cases such as this. I personally cannot handle the Apple Earbuds but they are so convenient that I may get a pair of the Duo whatnots sometime soon (even though I love my Bose earbuds).

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes, id like to get the duos too but i think that they are a lot, 100 bucks is too much for in ear buds, i got a gift card for Apple as early Christmas and i still think that it is too much for 100 bucks

neo_gr8est1

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Guys i am from India, so i cant really go to Apple...
And ordering new ones from there will cost me a lot..The shipping exceeds the retail cost...
I need the clicker, so i guess it has to be the stock ones or the other fancy ones..But i wont get any of those here..
So i was wondering if i cud do something to make the ear bud work?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
The problem is that you know what part isn't working, but not the "why". You are fairly limited as far as options.
1) you can take the chance and crack open the right ear bud (or clicker, or plug), and see if you can locate a broken wire connection, and fix it
2) mail to a friend in the US or Europe and see if they can return it for you to exchange ( requires an appointment )
3) suffer through till you have the opportunity to do it youself.
4) buy the V-moda Duo for the price of a small child.