Healthbook in iOS 8

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by chris, Mar 19, 2014.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

There's been plenty written about Apple testing a major initiative for iOS 8 in the form of the Healthbook app, a Passport inspired design that will interact with hardware (iPhone 6, wearables, iWatch) to provide critical health information. These could include, but are not limited to:

• Emergency Card
    • Bloodwork
    • Heart Rate
    • Hydration
    • Blood Pressure
    • Activity
    • Nutrition
    • Blood Sugar
    • Activity
    • Nutrition
    • Blood Sugar
    • Sleep
    • Respiratory Rate
    • Oxygen Saturation
    • Weight
    We walk around not knowing a fraction of this information. Having access to such vital data can certainly impact our everyday lives. We might pass on that donut or take every opportunity to reduce our stress. Not hydrated enough, there's a notification that tells you to drink more water. If this stuff all works as planned, it will be a new era of self-monitoring.

I for one am going to enjoy these last few months of being unhealthy and free of any monitoring. Coming the release of iOS 8, things could change.

What are your thoughts on Healthbook?

healthbook-book-1.jpg

#1 chris, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I think it'll be a very useful app for those concerned with their health issues. But I think the app should be an option offered in the App Store. Many will not want it on their screen taking up space.

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Their opinion of Healthbook might change once they use it. I'd argue it's incredibly more useful to a larger group of people than say Stocks, Newsstand, etc. Everyone has a vested interest in their own health.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I completely agree. My guess is fewer than 10% will ever use it. It will go in most people's useless folder along with Game Center, Stocks, Passbook and Newsstand. It's irksome that they force these apps on people. They should just put them in the App Store.