Heath Ledger is dead!

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Is anyone else flabbergasted by this? He has a 2 year old daughter that will never know her daddy :-( .

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I don't know a whole lot about him (know who he is, just not many of his films) - but that is immensely sad for the child ...

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
I don't know a whole lot about him (know who he is, just not many of his films) - but that is immensely sad for the child ...
Yeah he was only 28. He is in the new batman movie coming out, plays the joker...

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
RIP Ledger, it's going to be sad seeing him as the Joker now :(

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
For those that didn't know, Heath was having problems sleeping after filming the new Batman movie. He said that the Joker really disturbed him and was giving him nightmares, hence the ambian.

Although I never saw the movie, he was one of the leads in Brokeback Mountain. Apparently on hellova acted movie. He was on hellova actor. His potential will be missed by friends, family and fans.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Well he just died today so they don't know yet, but they found him with sleeping pills scattered around him. They say it didn't look like suicide though. Some have said that he was having nightmares, and may have accidentally OD'd, some say he abused drugs. Either way, most likely drug related. Sad.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
when i heard this i was in shock.

A Knights Tale is one of my favorite movies and i really don't know what to say.

this makes me wonder how the new Batman movie is going to be if acting in it strained him this much.

on a similar note, i found it odd for some reason that imdb.com already had his date of death. i mean it makes sense but still.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Terrible to hear such a young talent lose his life. I too feel terrible for his family. Very sad news.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Sad thing to hear about. Hopefully his family is supported and makes it through this okay.

- John

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I heard on the Radio this morning that the Church group that holds protests at soldiers funerals have announced that they are planning a protest at Heath's funeral because he portrayed a gay cowboy in brokeback mountain. They said he deserved to die for promoting the gay lifestyle.
Personally, I can give a rats ass about your orientation or whether or not you accept or deny the alternative lifestyle. It's in F#*king POOR TASTE to protest ANYONE's funeral. Especially to get media attention.
Not that I promote violence, but if it was one of my family members that they were protesting, I have a feeling I would be going to jail at the end of the day for all the ass I would have to beat.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
For those that didn't know, Heath was having problems sleeping after filming the new Batman movie. He said that the Joker really disturbed him and was giving him nightmares, hence the ambian.

Although I never saw the movie, he was one of the leads in Brokeback Mountain. Apparently on hellova acted movie. He was on hellova actor. His potential will be missed by friends, family and fans.

My long time buddy Kris Peck was the propmaster on the new Batman movie which of course finished shooting in Chicago last November, and he told me months ago how incredible the movie is going to be and how great an actor Heath was and how he was so emmerced into the role of the Joker, everyone was just buzzing about then.

My Buddy Kris also did all 3 Pirate movies, and will be on the 4th also.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
My long time buddy Kris Peck was the propmaster on the new Batman movie which of course finished shooting in Chicago last November, and he told me months ago how incredible the movie is going to be and how great an actor Heath was and how he was so emmerced into the role of the Joker, everyone was just buzzing about then.

My Buddy Kris also did all 3 Pirate movies, and will be on the 4th also.
Whoa, that's pretty awesome and good news about the movie. The preview trailers have me wanting more. I want to be involved in making cool movies, gah. Did he say how many more Pirates movies there were going to be?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Whoa, that's pretty awesome and good news about the movie. The preview trailers have me wanting more. I want to be involved in making cool movies, gah. Did he say how many more Pirates movies there were going to be?
Going to call him now, I'm sure he has spoken with the executive producers on Batman, and see what he knows.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I heard on the Radio this morning that the Church group that holds protests at soldiers funerals have announced that they are planning a protest at Heath's funeral because he portrayed a gay cowboy in brokeback mountain. They said he deserved to die for promoting the gay lifestyle.
Personally, I can give a rats ass about your orientation or whether or not you accept or deny the alternative lifestyle. It's in F#*king POOR TASTE to protest ANYONE's funeral. Especially to get media attention.
Not that I promote violence, but if it was one of my family members that they were protesting, I have a feeling I would be going to jail at the end of the day for all the ass I would have to beat.
this is a digrace :(

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Church = Love

Lol.