hello again

jamiemiller

Bronze
Nov 18, 2008
North America
i've successfuly jail broken my 3g. I'm starting to down;load themes and have winterboard. but the spring board ones are not showing up?

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Google is your friend for the roms, best thing to do is download a full rar file with them all in and select the ones you want. I have the full rar file, but don't know the link?

when you say your downloading themes, are you downloading them through cydia? if you are, when you download them, do you see them in winterboard? sometimes if Cydia doesn't download properly they wont show

Any help?

jamiemiller

Bronze
Nov 18, 2008
North America
You're right, Clydia was downloading them improperly I tried downloading them again and they showed up in winterboard!

How do you install the roms?

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I love simple ones so i like Bez (on cydia) and my fave one is Orbz... with a 5 dock... which are your faves?

jamiemiller

Bronze
Nov 18, 2008
North America
5 dock is definitely cool. I'm gonna check out the ones you suggested. so far I haven't really found anything I like.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
bez and orbz are my fave (orbz just gets it i think) but im loving blackberry impressions theme at the moment too

jamiemiller

Bronze
Nov 18, 2008
North America
I tried Ibrickr but im lost at the step where it says to locate var/root/media

I can only find the var/ folder and nothing after that!

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
The NES app tell you where to put them and if I'm not mistaken you have to create the last two files your self. Then you throw all the roms in the ROMs file.

jamiemiller

Bronze
Nov 18, 2008
North America
so i just need to create a root and media and then roms folder?

just doesn't look like its getting created god darn

jamiemiller

Bronze
Nov 18, 2008
North America
ooooooooo

just media/roms?

the damn folders arent showing in the fake iPhone ill try what u said tho

jamiemiller

Bronze
Nov 18, 2008
North America
my 'ROMs' folder is filled up but the NES program on the actual phone still says NO ROMS. I am gonna try to sync iTunes, maybe thatll work.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Ok...let's just make sure you're doing it right...so NES roms have to go into var/mobile/Media/ROMs/NES, but ROMs/NES doesn't exist. So you have to navigate to var/mobile/Media and then create a directory called ROMs then go inside that and create another directory called NES. Then throw all the roms in there. The files names are case sensitve. Hope that helps you more.