Hello guys, I'm a rookie

knawmean

Mar 11, 2008
ok all you iPhone pros, please help me. i just got my iPhone (the 16G) yesterday, and i don't know nothing about it, or what i need, or what to do. i hear a lot of rumors about unlocking the phone in order to do other special stuff. can any of you kind hearted pros wasl me through like a stupid person and let me know what i need to do first. so i can catche up? for example: how come the iPhone don't have instent messenger? but i really need a crash course guys....

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
welcome and congrats on getting the iPhone.
Unlocking the phone means to allow it to be used with other carriers. What u r asking about I believe is jailbreaking. Before u consider doing this I suggest you serch and read up on the subject quit a bit. Jailbreaking isn't for everyone. Me personally, I love.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Yo son knawmean""" yo.. Sorry had to get that out.. Welcome.. first off the iPhone will have aim after the sdk is released in June. What is sdk you ask? It is the software develpment kit that Apple released to allow other companies make apps and stuff for iPhone.

Second try some searching on here there are tons of threads about jailbreaking the iPhone knawmean yo...

aight son im out yo peace dogg

lol

hutchinsonsxe

Bronze
Jan 8, 2008
ok firstly make sure you post in the right section, "future iPhones" is not the right section. Nextly go to Apple iPhone web apps and go to the dictionaries, you will find there how to spell rookie. after that i am more than happy to help you with any questions you may have.

hutchinsonsxe

Bronze
Jan 8, 2008
i don't mean to bust your balls i'm just in a really bad mood and you happened to jump into the crosshairs.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
ok firstly make sure you post in the right section, "future iPhones" is not the right section. Nextly go to Apple iPhone web apps and go to the dictionaries, you will find there how to spell rookie. after that i am more than happy to help you with any questions you may have.
Yo son why you have to shout him out that he cant spell yo.. knawmean yo. Damn son thats mes up yo..

aight im out yo

EDIT ---- CORRECTION HE SAID HE IS SORRY YO...
ok I will stop talking like this

hutchinsonsxe

Bronze
Jan 8, 2008
im am sorry yo i'd take it back but i am to lazy to edit my post. sorry knawmean. Welcome to EIC. :)

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
I am sorry for the slang talk just thought it was funny.. hope you find the first 2 post helpful...

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
aight den... ima go talk to my dawgs in some other threads peace out in here

knawmean

Mar 11, 2008
lol..

lol both yall dudes are really funny though.. but i will go back and try the things yall said. but if i already have the phone with AT&T, there is no need to do that jailbreak thing right?

hutchinsonsxe

Bronze
Jan 8, 2008
jailbreaking is useful for different things, after the SDK (software development kit) you wont need to jailbreak unless you really want. No offence to you i think you should just stay where you are with web apps and wait for Apple friendly apps.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
unlock no.. Jailbreak if you wish to. I personally would wait till all the sdk apps come out in june and take it from there

knawmean

Mar 11, 2008
aight cool...

ill wait for that to come in june, but is there anyting you know that im missing out on? like is there a way for me to get the songs in my ipod section into my ringtones?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
You don't need to unlock your phone to jailbreak. You can be legit with AT&T and jailbreak. I wouldn't wait. It's worth it to do now. You won't believe what your phone can do if you decide to do it. Go to the iPhone Modifications forum here and you will find everything you need. This is ultimatly the most useful site for your iPhone that you will ever come across. I would have never modified my phone without it.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Welcome aboard Rook! You only need to unlock it if you want to use it on a different carrier than the one it came with. You can jailbrake it to add some other features, but this voids the warranty. Most people jailbrake them without any problems. Enjoy the cool new phone.:laugh2:

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Yes it voids the warranty but if you have any problems you restore through iTunes then your good to go. At this point even if you jailbreak and you have a problem with your phone as long as it's restored you can take it to Apple.