Hello is anybody using? "me"?

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
I went to a trial its 100$ a year i just want to know if anybody are using it and how is it? what are the possibilities

Thanks

jlhollander

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
there is an entire area of the forum dedicated to mobile me, you might want to go take a look over there, but i enjoy using it. It has made things a lot easier for me.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
yeah i like the features and user interface of mobileme a lot. I liked .Mac and this is really an improvement. Alot more features. I can see myself keeping this email for years to come.

jooley

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Land of the #1 Jayhawks!
I really like me.com. I signed up before my 3G phone came in (I was on a v1 iPhone), and when my 3G was activated all my contacts and calendar events were on my phone as soon as I set up the me information. Since my Outlook gives me so much grief, I was really ready for another method to manage contacts and calendars.
I have also been able to receive my me.com email in my desktop app without any problems. Pretty cool stuff.

jlhollander

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
you know, it really is a great service, amid all of the hic-ups. I don't use outlook on my pc, so now that I can sync up calendars it has been a godsend. It also allows me to properly manage my contacts, as windows address book is one of the worst programs they could have made. I was using .mac since I got my 1st iPhone, and with all of the new features, it is now my permanent e-mail setup.

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
Great product for me. Everything syncs as promised and smoothy.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Thread moved to the MobileMe forum.

Some people love MobileMe, and some hate it. For about a week "1%" of MobileMe users were left without mail. Some say that the syncing flat out does not work. Yet some say they're experienced zero flaws with it. My advice is to wait a month or so for Apple to get the service completely off the ground.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I really like the calendar sync. I made an appointment today, entered it in my phone and when I got home it was on my ical. Awesome.

michael95gt

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
Adamsville, Tn
I've had it for a week today, everything is working as it should. I'm using the trial, in a major phone/gadget junkie(switch phones a lot) so I don't know if I'll buy it.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Was just OK, but not worth $$ for me.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I'm happy with MobileMe. I got .Mac a year ago with my iPhone and liked it then. The sync features of .me are good and I haven't had any problems that haven't been fixed.

bmargolis

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I went to a trial its 100$ a year i just want to know if anybody are using it and how is it? what are the possibilities

Thanks
I signed up as soon as it came out but cancelled my trial shortly after.

I use an IMAP e-mail server from work, so having ME's exchange like features does little to help me. We also use iCal at work, on an Apple server, which does not support ME right now, so IK can't use the calendar features except with my personal calendar, which does little to help me. Our work e-mail also has web mail, so there's no benefit there.

I guess if I needed to keep all of my work stuff and personal stuff separate, I could see using it. When the iCal at the office works with ME, it will be a completely different story though.

flipper421

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Oregon
After a few adjustments and a learning curve I love mobile me and when my 60 day trial is up I will pay the $100

The only thing I wish it would do is allow us to have and push a To Do list. I'm not sure why they would leave this out of the service.

It's a keeper though

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
After a few adjustments and a learning curve I love mobile me and when my 60 day trial is up I will pay the $100

The only thing I wish it would do is allow us to have and push a To Do list. I'm not sure why they would leave this out of the service.

It's a keeper though
You know, I thought this at first too, like you.

But I've found a GREAT ToDo semi-push alternative. I installed ToDo by Appigo software onto the iPhone. I also signed up for a Jott account. I had installed Jott on the iPhone, but I later discovered that the Jott app itself is not necessary on the iPhone. Then I signed up for a Toodledo account online (another alternative is Remember The Milk, but I prefer Toodledo...it's personal preference).

Here's how it works. Jott is a service that you can call up on the phone, it will listen to what you dictate, and it will then transcribe your spoken words and then inserts them into various apps. I went to my online Jott account, and set it up to "push" my tasks to my Toodledo account. I set it up so that when I call Jott on their toll free phone number, it asks me what I want to do, and when I say "New Tasks", it listens, transcribes, and then "pushes" the transcription to my Toodledo account.

Next, I have my ToDo (by Appigo software) app on my iPhone set up so sync with my Toodledo account. I press the sync button on the ToDo app, and voila! My tasks magically appear in my ToDo task list.

So picture this. I'm driving down the highway, when I suddenly remember I need to set up a meeting to discuss the company pension plan with our advisors. I tap the Jott speed dial button on my iPhone. Jott answers and says "What do you want to do?" I say "New Task". Then I hear: BEEP. I say "Set up meeting to discuss pension plan", and hang up.

Later, when I'm reviewing my ToDo's, I tap the sync button, and presto, my task item appears. I make the call and set up the meeting.

But better still: another task appears that I had completely forgotten about: Buy gift for wife's birthday. Whew! Saved from disaster!

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
I used it for a week, and dismissed it as alpha software. I'm waiting for it to become "releasable" and then I'll consider it again.

TagsxA

Jun 26, 2008
So far, I absolutely love moblie me. I've been using it for just under a month and although it was a bit troublesome at first, I can't see myself without it now. I have to admit, though, that without my iPhone 3G, I probably would have little use for this since I had my other e-mail worked fine on the iPhone. This is just so feature-rich. I never thought I'd ever be paying for e-mail, but mobile me is worth every penny to me.

Jeffois

Bronze
Jun 5, 2008
I'm now very happy with it. It was not working consistently at first, and, gosh golly, it should have been.

But for a couple of weeks now, it's been working beautifully. Contacts and events entered on the phone are on my computer when I get home. Data entered in iCal or Address Book on my Mac show up on my phone no more than 15 minutes later. It's working great. Instant push would be best, but for my needs, it fits the bill.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
Well, so far, it's pretty good, for some things. Not so good for others. I'll break down my experiences by service.

Mail: Not using yet. The push aspect of the mail is pretty reliable. I am not ready to rely on this as my only means of having e-mail, though. This is arguably (depends who you talk to) the most trouble-ridden aspect of MobileMe so far. I can't afford to have all my e-mails disappear or not get e-mails I need. Again, the push of e-mail has been nearly instant for me since trying it out. I'm keeping Gmail for my primary e-mail for the time being, but also have push set up for MobileMe on the iPhone 3G. Still evaluating.

Calendar: Not using yet. Push seems to work for the most part, but not reliably. Calendar is the MOST IMPORTANT part of MobileMe and I must have a correct and accurate calendar, or it's a complete no-go for me. Calendar is not enabled for push on the iPhone right now. I have seen appointments changed on the MobileMe calendar at me.com change on the iPhone within 30-60 seconds, which to me, is plenty fast. However, when I change an appointment on me.com, the reminders disappear on the iPhone. Reminders are extremely important to me. Also, some duplicate appointments have been created as a result of deleting one in a series of recurring appointments. I realize recurring appointments and exceptions are hard to get right. However, I have to be able to rely on an entry placed on either my work PC, home Macs, or the iPhone, and truly be pushed/synced to other devices. I must have the confidence that it's "set and forget" for calendaring, and right now, I don't have that confidence. So I don't use it for now--I use Outlook 2007 sync at work.

Contacts: I use MobileMe sync to keep these on the iPhone. The contacts exactly match on the iPhone, iMac, and MacBook. There are some weird things that happen on the me.com interface though (i.e. empty contact entries)...the site just isn't displaying the contact properly, because I know the sync database in the cloud has the right information, since they're all there on all the devices.

Bookmarks: I use MobileMe sync to keep these organized on the iPhone, iMac, MacBook, and Safari on my Windows XP machine at work. So far, not a single problem.

So, overall, I'm giving contacts and bookmarks a spin on MobileMe..after I made backups of the Mac OS X address book and Safari bookmarks...just in case...as I've heard some people have lost them all. UGH. That would be a nightmare. Otherwise, I'm standing by until the calendaring and mail gain my confidence.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I just signed up for the free 60 day trial and so far, I'm loving it!

My calendars are kept as are my emails. I even uploaded photos.

The biggest thing I like is that it eliminates my need for a jump drive. I'm a teacher and I do a lot of work at home for school. With this, i can just save it to idisk and then retrieve it at work. This is a good thing because sometimes the jump drive going from mac to PC gets nutty.

Very impressed, so far!