Help – iPhone 3.0 and iTunes 8.2 bug

philb

Jun 28, 2009
I upgraded to the new 3.0 OS on my iPhone and upgraded to the latest version of iTunes at the same time. After installing 3.0 on my iPhone I then sync'd the phone with iTunes at which point it deleted some of the albums in my iTunes library off the phone and proceeded to reinstall them. However rather than install them under the correct artist names they now all appear as 'various artists'. I have since tried deleting the problem albums from my iTunes library and iPhone and then reinstalling them hoping that this might fix the problem but it hasn't - they still appear as various artists on the phone even though they are clearly identified under the correct artist names in my iTunes library. I have also copied new albums into my iTunes library and these have the same problem - anything new appears on the iPhone as various artists :confused:

Anybody have any ideas what might be wrong and how to fix it? Has anybody else experienced the same problem?

Cheers

Phil

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Make sure "Part of a Compilation" field is set to NO. You can try shift, select all files then "Get info". This was on an Apple discussion thread.

philb

Jun 28, 2009
Thanks this has resolved the problem, though why it affected certain albums after I did the upgrade God only knows?

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Maybe because an iTunes update was included with 3.0
Glad you got it worked out.