HELP 1.1.2 Phone Installer not working

Nov 6, 2007
The 4th and 5th digits of your serial number tell you the week. If they are 45 or higher then you most likely have bootloader 4.6, which is not unlockable. If they are 44 or lower, then you probably have bootloader 3.9 which is unlockable. The true test is what software came with your phone. If it was 1.1.2 out of box then you have the new bootloader, if it was 1.1.1 then you have the old one.[/quote]

sorry to disturb you but im really having a problem right now..hope you could help me because im running out of my mind already...i updated installer and also bsd subsystems...now installer is not working..it opens then back to the homescreen after a few seconds...i followed some steps in putting up the installer back again so i downloaded the file for installer.app 3.09 i think and put it on my phone using iPhonelist...it successfuly worked because it opened and i was able to see the list of files to be installed...but before doing that i did reset my phone to erase all media and contents...i tried downloading bsd subsystem again and its not working now..i tried to put the installer.app manually and its not working now..i really don't know what to do...

i have a 1.0.2 originally JB'ed and unlocked, upgraded to 1.1.1 JB'ed and unlocked then to 1.1.2 JB'ed and unlocked

question: do i have to restore my phone to 1.1.2?
will i lose the jailbreak and unlocked?
what are the steps that i need to take for this one...please help

Last edited by a moderator:

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
installer JUST stopped working for me, too. I have a jailbroken 1.1.2 formally 1.0.2. Even though I am not unlocked, I would just recommend waiting a few hours. They might be "doing something" as installer worked fine last night but now there's a problem.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I suggest you download the 1.1.1 firmware and restore to that..

after which you can jailbreak and unlock again.

Nov 6, 2007
I suggest you download the 1.1.1 firmware and restore to that..

after which you can jailbreak and unlock again.
can you please give me a step by step on how to do that...please...i really don't know what to do...thanks