Help Again!

Oct 27, 2008
Missouri
www.myspace.com
Did the JailBreak thing Last night and then It wouldn't Turn back on....started downloading games and themes.....downloaded a pool game and now it wont get off the Apple screen...it has been like that for about an hour. I have turned it on and off and it still goes back to the Apple screen. Then I plugged it into iTunes, now it don't recognize it....It will vibrate and flash to a white screen, then goes back to the Apple Screen.. I put it in DUF(I think That is what it is called) and it will go back to the Apple screen when it is plugged into iTunes....What should I do? OMG I think I am going to throw this thing! :mad::mad:

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
With the phone plugged into iTunes, power it down by pressing and holding the home and power buttons. When the screen flashes off, release the buttons. Then with it still plugged in, press and hold the home and power buttons again at the same time for 10 seconds, then after the 10 seconds is up, release the power button while still holding the home button. iTunes should notify you that your iPhone is in DFU mode and you have to restore.

Oct 27, 2008
Missouri
www.myspace.com
With the phone plugged into iTunes, power it down by pressing and holding the home and power buttons. When the screen flashes off, release the buttons. Then with it still plugged in, press and hold the home and power buttons again at the same time for 10 seconds, then after the 10 seconds is up, release the power button while still holding the home button. iTunes should notify you that your iPhone is in DFU mode and you have to restore.

I tried that, but it still don't recognize it.....thanks......now should I just throw it?LOL:laugh2:

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I tried that, but it still don't recognize it.....thanks......now should I just throw it?LOL:laugh2:
Hahah. :)

Try taking it into Apple or calling them and getting a replacement then.

Just make sure you don't tell them ANYTHING about jailbreaking, if you do plan on taking it in or calling. Your warranty will be voided..

Oct 27, 2008
Missouri
www.myspace.com
Hahah. :)

Try taking it into Apple or calling them and getting a replacement then.

Just make sure you don't tell them ANYTHING about jailbreaking, if you do plan on taking it in or calling. Your warranty will be voided..
Thanks!:cool:

Do u know if They will mail me a replacement? Cause I don't have an Apple store close to me! Maybe like 200 miles away!
It Keeps Vibrating and Flashing to a white screen then going back to the Apple Screen.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Thanks!:cool:

Do u know if They will mail me a replacement? Cause I don't have an Apple store close to me! Maybe like 200 miles away!
It Keeps Vibrating and Flashing to a white screen then going back to the Apple Screen.
Yes they will.

Just call them in and tell them that it won't go past the boot logo and iTunes isn't detecting it. They'll probably ask if you have an Apple Store nearby and just tell them no. Then they should ask which replacement option you want to do. One is where they send you an empty box, you put your phone in it and send it back, and then they send you a replacement once they receive your phone. Another is that they send you the box that you need to send back, with a phone already in there so you don't have to wait for another phone, but they have to put a charge on your credit card thats reversed once they receive your phone back, but thats ONLY if you choose that option.

S

Starry

Did the JailBreak thing Last night and then It wouldn't Turn back on....started downloading games and themes.....downloaded a pool game and now it wont get off the Apple screen...it has been like that for about an hour. I have turned it on and off and it still goes back to the Apple screen. Then I plugged it into iTunes, now it don't recognize it....It will vibrate and flash to a white screen, then goes back to the Apple Screen.. I put it in DUF(I think That is what it is called) and it will go back to the Apple screen when it is plugged into iTunes....What should I do? OMG I think I am going to throw this thing! :mad::mad:
WOMAN! What am I gonna do with you? LOL.. That means you need to change your bulletin to say "I DID JB MY PHONE JUSTIN.. BUT SOMETHINGS WRONG" LOL... I'm headin to MySpace now girl LMAO

S

Starry

Amy's my friend... Ya'll treat her REALLY GOOD please... :) Which I know my EIC family will :)

Oct 27, 2008
Missouri
www.myspace.com
WOMAN! What am I gonna do with you? LOL.. That means you need to change your bulletin to say "I DID JB MY PHONE JUSTIN.. BUT SOMETHINGS WRONG" LOL... I'm headin to MySpace now girl LMAO
I am so sorry...I should have never touched the thing again after the scare last night! LOL It keeps acting crazy....sitting there black screen and then it just lights up and goes to the Apple Screen! OMG this is Crazy!:mad:

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Thank you so much for help! This thing is doing crazy things.....I will Call Apple if I cant get it working sometime tonight!
Have you had Problems with yours?:cool:
No problem :)

And a few days ago I went through the same thing with my 3G, except it was able to restore when I put it in DFU mode.
But I sent it back to Apple for a replacement today, but due to the light showing through the chrome, not because of the JB.

Oct 27, 2008
Missouri
www.myspace.com
No problem :)

And a few days ago I went through the same thing with my 3G, except it was able to restore when I put it in DFU mode.
But I sent it back to Apple for a replacement today, but due to the light showing through the chrome, not because of the JB.
What do you mean...Light showing though the Chrome?