Help! All my songs and videos are gone but my phone still has 5.8gb left

bloodbath18

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
I tried to sync it but it still says no content i removed all the songs and videos then synced it again but still no content... I tried restoring but still nothing shows up and my phone still has no memory left! Can somebody please help me?

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I know there is a thread about restoring as a new phone vs your old phone...

Was your phone jailbroken?

I cannot really help you, but if you search you might find the answer. I also wanted to give you a bump. ;)

bloodbath18

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Nope it's not jailbroken but I did try to restore it as a new phone and it still won't work.

daddyd302

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Does itune and your phone say that the songs are in your iPhone, but it's not really there? I had that issue where all my songs and podcast vanished, but itune says it's still in my iPhone. One more thing does your apps work? By that I mean the apps you downloaded, and not the ones that came with the phone. I tried to restore mine but it happened again after two days. got fed up and took it to Apple. The genius there told me it was a software issue, I told him no, it's a hardware issue. He hooked the phone up to their Mac and sure enough itune froze. After trying a few more times, he finally agreed with me that it's the hardware at fault and gave me a refurb one which works fine.

bloodbath18

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
I guess we had the same problem. It's kinda working now but if it hapena again I'll take it to Apple. Thanks for the helpful information.

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
Same thing here! Suffered through this problem for over a week and went through 2 iPhones to no fix! Apple care on sucked with the help because they acted like they never heard of this before! This problem is all over the Apple discussions board! I down graded to the last iTunes and problem went away like it was a miricle.
Good luck!

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1643121&tstart=0

madzanta

Jul 31, 2008
As a workaround, try to jailbreak it and delete the files manually as they probably are there somewhere. You could also try switching from osx/windows and reformat it.

ricecycle

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
It happened to me too but it went away automatically

metapin

Aug 11, 2008
I had the same problem, but after master reset the issue has gone :)