HELP: Annoying Syncing Issue

daayum02

Jun 17, 2008
Everytime I hook up the iPhone to sync my music it starts a back up dialouge which takes from 20-30mins everytime. How do i stop this. I just want to sync my music. I've had multiple ipods and the v1 iPhone in the past and this has never happened. its extremely annoying:(

anyone else having this stupid problem. thanks!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
When the backup starts, just click the X in the right hand corner of the sync box and backup will stop and rest of sync will proceed. It is a good idea to do a backup every once in a while though.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Everytime I hook up the iPhone to sync my music it starts a back up dialouge which takes from 20-30mins everytime. How do i stop this. I just want to sync my music. I've had multiple ipods and the v1 iPhone in the past and this has never happened. its extremely annoying:(

anyone else having this stupid problem. thanks!
Just click on the "X" in the circle where it says "Backing Up" on the top.
It'll cancel the back up, and proceed with the sync. :)

daddyd302

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Yes it's a good idea to back up once in a while just in case.I found out the hard way, lol.

mletang

Bronze
Jan 23, 2008
NYC
www.NYCpetforum.com
the length of the backup depends on how many apps you have installed on the phone. if you install all your apps through iTunes then the backup time will be much quicker. If you only install apps through the app store on the iPhone then it will take longer to back them up when you sync.

to fix this you can simply go into the app store on iTunes and redownload the apps you have installed on your iPhone, don't worry they wont charge you again if you are signed into iTunes with the same user as on the iPhone iTunes.

abian2

Dec 13, 2007
I'm having a hard time with one of my apps. I have 5 apps on my iPhone, all through app store on my iPhone. So the first time I sync with my PC, 4 of them went through, but it just stopped at the last one. Now every time i sync, the process will just keep going on and on and on. I'm at a point where I just refuse to sync my apps to my PC. Is anyone having this problem? The app that i cannot sync with my PC is actually the first app I got. Weird.

mletang

Bronze
Jan 23, 2008
NYC
www.NYCpetforum.com
I'm having a hard time with one of my apps. I have 5 apps on my iPhone, all through app store on my iPhone. So the first time I sync with my PC, 4 of them went through, but it just stopped at the last one. Now every time i sync, the process will just keep going on and on and on. I'm at a point where I just refuse to sync my apps to my PC. Is anyone having this problem? The app that i cannot sync with my PC is actually the first app I got. Weird.
The first time i started using the app store this happened to me. i unistalled all the apps from my phone, then reinstalled them through iTunes on the computer and haven't had an issue since. I try to always install my apps through my computer, seems to make things run smoother.