Help before i make paperweight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

declanafc

Oct 24, 2007
I bought a unlocked phone from ebay.
It works with my t-mobile sim, and has installer and summerboard on.
Now when i try to install any of the apps on the installer i get error message during install script execution.
My friend suggested its locked for read/writing files, and use independence to jail break it, i downloaded and ran it.
Says phone is activated but not jailbreak'ed.
So i ran jailbreak and its asks me where the firmware files for 1.02 are.
this is were i am panicking and stopped..
am i write that this error is because its locked to read and write files, do i need to jailbreak it and will it brick my phone, ie no t-mobile
please help
declan

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I bought a unlocked phone from ebay.
It works with my t-mobile sim, and has installer and summerboard on.
Now when i try to install any of the apps on the installer i get error message during install script execution.
My friend suggested its locked for read/writing files, and use independence to jail break it, i downloaded and ran it.
Says phone is activated but not jailbreak'ed.
So i ran jailbreak and its asks me where the firmware files for 1.02 are.
this is were i am panicking and stopped..
am i write that this error is because its locked to read and write files, do i need to jailbreak it and will it brick my phone, ie no t-mobile
please help
declan
you need to download the v1.02 firmware and change the file format to .zip and unzip the files into a folder, then point the jailbreak to them files ;)

declanafc

Oct 24, 2007
you need to download the v1.02 firmware and change the file format to .zip and unzip the files into a folder, then point the jailbreak to them files ;)
Any doing this wont effect me using my t-mobile card, i have been reading and reading just sometimes its nice to get clear clarification.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Any doing this wont effect me using my t-mobile card, i have been reading and reading just sometimes its nice to get clear clarification.
The only way you could really "brick" your phone is though messing around with the baseband or firmware (aka removing or changing parts lol)

declanafc

Oct 24, 2007
The only way you could really "brick" your phone is though messing around with the baseband or firmware (aka removing or changing parts lol)
Thanks, just after spending a fortune on it i would rather play it save till i get a bit more knowledge on whats what.

declanafc

Oct 24, 2007
Well alls well at the mo, ran jailbreak and installed a app, should i leave as is or jail it?
Thanks
Sorry for all questions

declanafc

Oct 24, 2007
Thanks
One last question, save a new thread, there is a icon next to the battery, looks like a phone receiver with 2 rows of dots under it, what is it, i may be being dumb but looked every where,nowt in the manual i can see either.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Thanks
One last question, save a new thread, there is a icon next to the battery, looks like a phone receiver with 2 rows of dots under it, what is it, i may be being dumb but looked every where,nowt in the manual i can see either.
i think its that "TTR" under settings somewhere, not sure wtf it does....when i got the headphones in making a call it asks me Voice Or TTR.

declanafc

Oct 24, 2007
a, yes i was looking through the settings, hit it, wasn't sure if should be on or of, so left, thanks very much for all your help