HELP! Blue screen of death!

duvalkid

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
904 Jacksonville FL
I have a jailbroken iPhone3G running 2.1 its been running fine for the past couple of days now and today i decide to plug it up to my comp. to sync some more music and i immediately get the BSOD i tried over and over and still getting it, anyone know the problem? i have iTunes8 btw. and it happened after i deleted a couple of apps from the iPhone, don't know if that did anything. HELP!

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Hope this helps

Computerworld

September 11, 2008 Apple Inc.'s latest version of iTunes crashes Windows Vista when an iPod or iPhone is connected to the PC, scores of users have reported on Apple's support forum. As soon as an iPod or iPhone is plugged into the PC, Vista crashes and shows the "blue screen of death" (BSOD), the critical error screen on a blue background that requires a reboot to recover, users said. The errors began showing up immediately after updating iTunes to Version 8.0, which Apple released Tuesday as part of its iPod refresh.

keldan2

Aug 25, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Hope this is helpful I had this too we read somewhere that HP printers were interfearing so we turned the printer off and it works like normal.....so if you have a hp printer try turning it of and then connecting your phone

Twinnie

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
What on earth is iTunes up to that it would be affected by the presense of a printer?

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
I read part of the article and it appears either the driver that Apple shipped with V 8.0 is either broken or is having a conflict with one of Vista's other drivers.

I was thinking about purchasing Vista so I talked to a buddy of mine who just bought a computer and lap top with Vista installed, he said if I were going to do it would probably be best if I upgraded all my peripherals to avoid any conflicts or issues.

Doesn't sound worth it to me.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Your friend has no idea what he is talking about. No offense, but you don't need to upgrade any peripheral.

I read part of the article and it appears either the driver that Apple shipped with V 8.0 is either broken or is having a conflict with one of Vista's other drivers.

I was thinking about purchasing Vista so I talked to a buddy of mine who just bought a computer and lap top with Vista installed, he said if I were going to do it would probably be best if I upgraded all my peripherals to avoid any conflicts or issues.

Doesn't sound worth it to me.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
It definitely appears a large majority of people having iPhone/iTunes issues are running Vista... just saying.

Why not buy a mac Tug?

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
It seems like there is a new version of iTunes today (8.0.1). I wonder if this new version may have fixed that problem? As the PC does require a reboot after installation. iTunes never used to ask for a reboot before.

It definitely appears a large majority of people having iPhone/iTunes issues are running Vista... just saying.

Why not buy a mac Tug?

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
It seems like there is a new version of iTunes today (8.0.1). I wonder if this new version may have fixed that problem? As the PC does require a reboot after installation. iTunes never used to ask for a reboot before.
Yeah it's actually been out since 10/02. I always advise to get your updates especially if you're experiencing issues with a particular firmware.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Personally I've not had the BSOD with the iTunes issue. Touch wood I won't in the future either. I have my printer connected to my wireless router, so that could be why I've not experienced this issue. Plus my webcam is Creative and not Logitech. Seems like the major issues have been with HP printers & Logitech webcams.

Yeah it's actually been out since 10/02. I always advise to get your updates especially if you're experiencing issues with a particular firmware.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Your friend has no idea what he is talking about. No offense, but you don't need to upgrade any peripheral.
No offense taken Ravman :)

My buddy is one of those kind of guys who when he spends buys the best that money can buy which is something I just cant afford to do. As far as Vista is concerned I have heard it has a lot of compatibility issues and with the economy being as bad as it is I think it's going to be awhile before I spend my hard earned money on software.

Sorry for straying off topic.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I can understand that. Things suck out there right now. Let's hope the shops have good thanks giving sales next month. I heard it's the best time to snap up bargains!

Vista did have driver issues when it first came out. I had a few peripherals that just didn't want to talk to my PC with Vista anymore (bluetooth dongle, display card etc). But 99% of all those troubles are in the past now. Companies have caught up and everything is back to normal, in terms of drivers etc.

No offense taken Ravman :)

My buddy is one of those kind of guys who when he spends buys the best that money can buy which is something I just cant afford to do. As far as Vista is concerned I have heard it has a lot of compatibility issues and with the economy being as bad as it is I think it's going to be awhile before I spend my hard earned money on software.

Sorry for straying off topic.