Help! bnvdrs.com Taking Over My Browsers

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
The bnvdrs.com virus or malware is taking over my IE, though I have been able to reduce it somewhat on Chrome. Has anyone discovered an effective way, or program, to completely delete this pesky rodent? I have tried most of the methods discussed on other websites, but to no avail so far. I would really appreciate input from others who have encountered this problem.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
I haven't had the pleasure. But when my kids get stuff on their computers, malwarebytes almost always cleans it up. If you haven't tried it yet, you might want to.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
I haven't had the pleasure. But when my kids get stuff on their computers, malwarebytes almost always cleans it up. If you haven't tried it yet, you might want to.
Thanks Santa. I am a big fan of Malwarbytes but it hasn't detected and addressed this one. I don't go to any particularly risque websites - might go crazy and open Craigslist!! So many websites suggest removal tools, but they tend to be your usual advertisements that end up wanting money before they become effective.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Not to harsh on your plight but I haven't used a PC since my Vista system died on me a couple years ago. I haven't missed dealing with problems like that since I started using OSX. My condolences. Here's hoping you get it sorted soon. Good luck!

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Thanks Santa. I am a big fan of Malwarbytes but it hasn't detected and addressed this one. I don't go to any particularly risque websites - might go crazy and open Craigslist!! So many websites suggest removal tools, but they tend to be your usual advertisements that end up wanting money before they become effective.
Be sure to start the PC in safe mode and let malwarebytes do a complete scan. It almost always finds more items that way.