Help! bnvdrs.com Taking Over My Browsers

Discussion in 'Windows PC and iPhone' started by Lon, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

The bnvdrs.com virus or malware is taking over my IE, though I have been able to reduce it somewhat on Chrome. Has anyone discovered an effective way, or program, to completely delete this pesky rodent? I have tried most of the methods discussed on other websites, but to no avail so far. I would really appreciate input from others who have encountered this problem.

2. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

I haven't had the pleasure. But when my kids get stuff on their computers, malwarebytes almost always cleans it up. If you haven't tried it yet, you might want to.

3. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Thanks Santa. I am a big fan of Malwarbytes but it hasn't detected and addressed this one. I don't go to any particularly risque websites - might go crazy and open Craigslist!! So many websites suggest removal tools, but they tend to be your usual advertisements that end up wanting money before they become effective.

4. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Not to harsh on your plight but I haven't used a PC since my Vista system died on me a couple years ago. I haven't missed dealing with problems like that since I started using OSX. My condolences. Here's hoping you get it sorted soon. Good luck!

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Be sure to start the PC in safe mode and let malwarebytes do a complete scan. It almost always finds more items that way.

6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold