Help, can't D/L to 1.1.4

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
edit: not download but downgrade

I just got the 3g and I want to sell my V1 on ebay. Unlocked iPhones go for more on ebay so I want to unlock my V1.

I followed the instructions from sleepers.net and when I install iTunes 7.5 it won't open. It says, "the files iTunes library.itl" cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes.

Now, I have deleted iTunes 7.7 twice now along with the Apple device program but still no luck.

What can I do?

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
edit: not download but downgrade

I just got the 3g and I want to sell my V1 on ebay. Unlocked iPhones go for more on ebay so I want to unlock my V1.

I followed the instructions from sleepers.net and when I install iTunes 7.5 it won't open. It says, "the files iTunes library.itl" cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes.

Now, I have deleted iTunes 7.7 twice now along with the Apple device program but still no luck.

What can I do?
All you need to do is go to " My Documents > My Music > iTunes " folder. There cut the file called "iTunes Music Library.xml" and paste it on the desktop. Do the same with "iTunes Library" Then install the older version.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Wow, thanks! Why don't they explain this anywhere?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
any idea how to do this on a mac, i'm running into the exact same issue......

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
yah i tried that, when i type that stuff into terminal it doesn't work, i even tried copying and pasting each line, hmmmmm

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
not sure of a solution for you but why do you want to downgrade?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
well i want to jailbreak and unlock using ziPhone (i am most familiar with that). i jailbroke with pwnage tool 2.0.1 a few minutes ago but i have no clue if it unlocked the phone as well, and i don't have a sim card to test it with. i am just much more familiar with ziPhone and 1.1.4 and that is how i advertised it as sold, but when i restored it updated to 2.0 automatically for me

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
hey guys when i try to restore using the 1.1.4 firmware provided by this link

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1504

i go to restore, hold down option, and try to open the folder and i get this folder (see attachment) with no option to click on the firmware that i need. anyone have any idea what i should do, i'm using a mac, i have iTunes 7.5 running, and this is the last step i need to do, thanks.

Attachments

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
well i got it workin, did some more searching and found this tutorial over at hackthatiPhone.com. i'm kinda disappointed that nobody over here could help out, no hard feelings, but it is what it is. thanks for looking and hopefully this will save someone else from spending 5+ hours trying to do the same thing i did tonight.

http://www.hackthatphone.com/20/downgrading_2_0_firmware.html