Help can't get cellular data on iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by mizukage213, Nov 2, 2012.

1. mizukage213

mizukage213 New Member

I just recently unlocked my iPhone 5 and cut my tmobile microsim to nanosim to work with the iPhone5. Everything works except my mobile network or I guess cellular data. Need help

2. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

There are a lot of differences between the 4S and 5.

The 5 comes with a brand new, 4" retina display. It comes with a brand new A6 chip, twice as fast as the iPhone 4S. It comes with an upgraded camera, it uses a sapphire crystal lens. The front facing camera is also 1.3MP. It also comes with LTE. It's thinner and lighter. The back is an aluminum and glass mix instead of all glass. The headphone jack is at the bottom and instead of the 30 pin dock connector, it is a lightning connector now, it's smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

#2 Iloveiphones, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
  3. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

I'm assuming something went wrong when you cut the sim. I'd suggest getting a new sim and trying again. How did you unlock the phone?

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Just to put straight a common misconception, the iPhone 5's lens cover is made of sapphire, not the lens itself.

5. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Very good point. is for light reflection correct? (or lack of light reflection as the case may be)

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I assumed the sapphire cover was there for increased protection of the actual lens.

7. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

But if the sapphire lens cover causes the purple haze, what about the Android phones and others that exhibit the same problem?

Also, your posted article doesn't link the sapphire lens cover with better low light handling.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I think it's possible that it makes the purple haze worse. I haven't researched this, but I've been wondering what hardware in the iPhone 5 makes the purple haze effect more dramatic than it is in the older iPhones. I initially thought it might have been a side effect of the better low-light capabilities, but the lens cover being the culprit is plausible. It's pretty much a non-issue for me since I don't take pictures of bright lights, so I haven't bothered spending much time looking into it.

10. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I wasn't claiming the article did. I'm assuming that the light reflection from the sapphire has to help with low light.

Purple haze had to be some side effect of lens covers. On all platforms. Sapphire or not.

I don't foresee the expense increase of using the sapphire for just protection. Has to be other aspects to it.