help creating a ringtone

epyonjk

Aug 6, 2008
Ok so when I had the I phone 2g this wasn't a problem but now when I "Create ringtone" I don't know how to send it to my ringtones folder on the phone. there is no option in iTunes to save the ringtone you created and send it over..im confused. Somebody please help! Thanks.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
- open up iTunes
- right click on the song u want to make into a ringtone then click on get info
- click on the option tab
- select the time you want to start/end the ringtone (remember it can only be 29 seconds)
- after you do that right click on the song then convert it to ACC
- Right click on the song you just converted and click on show in windows explorer
- change the file name from m4a to m4r then click on yes to change the file name
- drag that file to ringtones in iTunes then sync your iPhone
- the ringtone should be under sounds (custom) on your iPhone

there you go

epyonjk

Aug 6, 2008
It only gives me the option to convert to mp3

suasex

Bronze
Jul 27, 2008
I've had no problems making ringtones, my only problem is getting more than one on the phone at a time. if I load another ringtone on, it just duplicates my other one. any help?

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
I've had no problems making ringtones, my only problem is getting more than one on the phone at a time. if I load another ringtone on, it just duplicates my other one. any help?
never heard of that issue. how about making more than one ringtone then synce your phone. see if both of them will go on with one sync.

epyonjk

Aug 6, 2008
7.7.1.11 is my current version.

epyonjk

Aug 6, 2008
I didn't have a problem creating one a few months back but now I just cant figure out how to do it. I got o create a ring tone..set how long I want it and theres no option to save it and carry it over to ring tones folder.

epyonjk

Aug 6, 2008
ahh so annoying..yes thanks for your help. Only option is convert selection to mp3.

epyonjk

Aug 6, 2008
yes every song only option is that.

HBOC

Bronze
Aug 4, 2008
Portland, Oregon
i am assuming your on a PC. here is what you do. i found this video on youtube after a long search.

you go to control panel>folder options>view>uncheck hide extensions for known file types.

Then you go to iTunes and then click on edit..preferences. Then click box that says copy files to iTunes music folder.

now you can pick a song you want, right click get info>options. choose the length (30 seconds as others have stated) click BOTH boxes that say "start time" and "end time". then hit apply.

play song and make sure it starts at what times you set. Then right click>convert to ACC. It should be under 30 seconds, whatever the time amount you set it at.

Next, drag that file to the desktop. Right click>rename. make sure it ends with m4r. The "r" is for ring. It will say ringtone on the actual itune file.
It should say the name of the song.m4a.

Now go back to iTunes and delete file you made, the one that is 30 seconds or whatnot from iTunes. Send it to the recycle bin.

now double click on the ring tone on the desktop and it will automatically open up under the "ringtone" tree on the left side of the itune menus. now you just click sync ringtones and voila, ringtone.

i cannot take credit for this. i searched forever because what people are telling you is true, but there are some extra steps you need to do.

here is the link to the video..http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xUfC4SVa_pQ

if there are some typos, i am sorry, i am drunk..

i had the video linked here, but i don't know if that is bannable :)

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Do this, it will take you literally seconds to do

Go to this site www.audiko.net and browse songs on your comp. Save the 20 sec clip on to your desktop and play it....bam! its a ringtone :)

epyonjk

Aug 6, 2008
I did all this but I still for some reason don't get the option to convert to acc.

epyonjk

Aug 6, 2008
Ok thanks guy for your help I figured it out. I had to go to edit>pref>Import>Import using change to CONVERT TO AAC. Bam. thanks!

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
you could always try the link in my sig, its the easiest way i know. :)

gadgetgw

Aug 12, 2008
Geelong, Vic, Australia
creating ringtones for iPhone

- open up iTunes
- right click on the song u want to make into a ringtone then click on get info
- click on the option tab
- select the time you want to start/end the ringtone (remember it can only be 29 seconds)
- after you do that right click on the song then convert it to ACC
- Right click on the song you just converted and click on show in windows explorer
- change the file name from m4a to m4r then click on yes to change the file name
- drag that file to ringtones in iTunes then sync your iPhone
- the ringtone should be under sounds (custom) on your iPhone

there you go

currently in my iTunes i do not have a folder named ringtones, do i need to have purchased one for the folder to be created?

Graeme