Help! Deleting song from iPhone

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by stylin, Oct 30, 2007.

1. stylin

stylin New Member

Hi Everyone,

I need help deleting song from my iPhone. I have deleted the entire songs from itune main library playlist and sync it to the iPhone and the songs are still there. iTunes detected the iPhone as a device and under it I see "music, movies, tv shows category." When I click on "music" category I see the the songs I want to delete are still there and it gray out.

If anyone could help me it would be great.

stylin

2. 420greg

420greg New Member
    Silver

On the main iPhone screen in iTunes click 'sync only checked items'.

Go to your iTunes library and uncheck the songs you don't want on your iPhone anymore.

Sync.

3. stylin

stylin New Member

Hi 420greg,

I have tried that and it still doesn't work. I want to delete all the songs but it's gray out and I can't check or uncheck it. If you have another suggestion I will try it. Thank you!

stylin

4. 420greg

420greg New Member
    Silver

You can't uncheck them when they are grayed out. You are looking at them on the iPhone. You have iPhone selected in the left panel.

Go to the top of the left panel and select 'music' un-check them from here. Or make a playlist of the songs you want on your iPhone, then tell you iPhone to only sync with that playlist. It will remove anything form your hone that is not on the playlist.

5. stylin

stylin New Member

Thank you very much 420greg. It work and the songs are deleted from my iPhone.

6. incubus4fun@gmail.com

I have the same problem, can you just manually add and delete songs from iPhone? like Ipod? thank you

7. stylin

stylin New Member

No, you can't just delete songs from the iPhone. I did what 420greg says to do. Which is just create another playlist and just manually sync it without anything in it. By doing that it will delete everything that is not in that playlist in your iPhone.

8. usFive

usFive New Member

Here's What You do...

Go to iTunes and create a playlist and title it whatever you want, I titled it "iPhone Music Removal". Be sure NOT to put any songs in it, just leave it empty. With your iPhone connected click on it in the left column under "Devices". Click on the "Music" tab then select the radio button next to "Selected playlists, artists, and generes". Leave the boxes next to "include music videos", "Include voice memos", and "Automatically fill free spaces with songs" all UNCHECKED. Next look under the Headings "Playlists:" and "Artists:" and make sure ALL the boxes next to everything is unchecked EXCEPT the box next to the empty playlist you created in iTunes that I referred to as the "iPhone Music Removal" playlist. Next click "Apply" in the lower right hand corner. Once you do that the syncing will begin when it is done all of the songs you had on your iPhone will be removed. The next time you put any songs on your iPhone be sure to do it through a playlist that you create in iTunes and use only that list to add and remove songs on your iPhone by the checking and unchecking meathod. Hope that helps.