Help! Dropped iPod touch in water

Jun 19, 2009
chris said:
If you have questions regarding our tutorials on how to use iPhone Social or anything related to iPhone Social, ask away!
how do fix an ipod touch if it fell in the water and the sounds and touch on the screen doesn't work? what should i do?

Jun 19, 2009
please fill free to give advice!
I have an ipod touch that doesn't work it fell in the water and the sounds and screen won't touch or slide anymore!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
There isn't really much you can do :(

You could try and take it back and claim under warranty but Apple will know it's been damaged by water.

I'm not sure whether there's a water indicator like on the iPhone. If you look down the headphone jack (the actual hole- you may need a torch), and it's got a pink spot at the bottom then your toast. There are ways to cheekily get round this, you could put some bleach on something small enough and bleach it white again and try and take it back.

Theory

Jun 26, 2009
just try to open it up and let it dry out my ipod wznt even water dmg and i had to call and send it in 3 times before they finally gave me a new 1 if u ipod wznt in water 4 long your ipod might b a lil jacked up but still useable if u dry it out

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Somewhere, in his own way, Steve Jobs anticipates a tiny sliver of additional revenue.

grd94533

Dec 14, 2008
O.K. people I've hear this a thousand times a day all over the network and I have a simple solution to this constant problem.

Keep your ipod away from water!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm pretty sure most people keep there phone's gadgets away from water. But on occasions accidents do happen. At least the OP got a new one.

Glad to hear it :eek:k:eek:k