HELP! Edge isn't working!

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
I just realized that my edge isn't working on my 1.1.4 jailbroken phone using ziPhone 2.5. Anyone know why or how to fix it?

The error is:

Could not activate edge

it does however show the E in the blue box at the top left of my screen.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I just realized that my edge isn't working on my 1.1.4 jailbroken phone using ziPhone 2.5. Anyone know why or how to fix it?

The error is:

Could not activate edge

Try changing your location, maybe you're just not getting reception. I've seen that message a few times.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Is Edge down in your area? Its been happening a lot more frequently unfortunately.

Bill Gates

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
Is Edge down in your area? Its been happening a lot more frequently unfortunately.
i just did the ziPhone unlock to and my edge isn't working either. i was using turbo sim with tmobile and tzones was working fine but not anymore. please someone help =P

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
i just did the ziPhone unlock to and my edge isn't working either. i was using turbo sim with tmobile and tzones was working fine but not anymore. please someone help =P
Send a PM to "themanofthedark" hes our resident Unlocker.

THEHNIC

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
CA
Make sure you still have the setting in APN. I also had to use internet3.voicestream.com to get mine to work.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
If edge is just down in the area its not a big deal, but if my edge is broken we got a serious problem haha. If the problem persists for a couple days i'll report back. Thanks.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Turns out my friends edge is working...he lives in the same town as me. Lives only about 8 minutes away...if edge was down would it affect an entire area or just my phone?

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Should be whole areas generally. This sounds like it is your phone unfortunately ...
Also, when i go into voicemail, it says voicemail unavailable. Unable to initiate connection. Unable to connect.

My phone, calling wise, works fine though...

should i just restore and rejailbreak with the latest ziPhone 2.5?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Also, when i go into voicemail, it says voicemail unavailable. Unable to initiate connection. Unable to connect.

My phone, calling wise, works fine though...

should i just restore and rejailbreak with the latest ziPhone 2.5?
I would try the restore. There might be a patch / fix out there somewhere for this, but if you're not able to search one out fairly fast, then restore is quicker option anyway ...

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Restored and everything is working fine...when i get some time i'm going to rejailbreak with the latest ziPhone edition.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Ya, and setup your iTunes partnership as "New" if you want to avoid any further little problems. Make sure all your contacts are backed up in your addressbook/outlook first!

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Ya, and setup your iTunes partnership as "New" if you want to avoid any further little problems. Make sure all your contacts are backed up in your addressbook/outlook first!
i already rejailbrokebut i'll restore again if its smarter to start as new...

Oh, now after rejailbreaking, my edge works fine (but it worked fine when i first jailbroke with ziPhone as well), but my mail application keeps crashing. Is there a fix for this?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
i already rejailbrokebut i'll restore again if its smarter to start as new...

Oh, now after rejailbreaking, my edge works fine (but it worked fine when i first jailbroke with ziPhone as well), but my mail application keeps crashing. Is there a fix for this?
Ya, I posted the fix in Tinman's easy jailbreak thread. He links to it from the first page.

If you start a new partnership you shouldn't have to deal with any of this.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
yes i followed your advice, backed up the contacts and started a new partnership and everything seems to be working. Thanks.

joannalat

Mar 5, 2008

The error is:

Could not activate edge

Hi, i had similar problem with my 1.1.3 which i'm using in poland now. i contacted my carrier to give me all the information for GPRS configuration which you put in EDGE settings. since then it works great. hope it helps.

Rainmaker

Sep 9, 2007
having same problems with visual VM and Edge. BUT... have restored (newphone style), and still no good. On second restore now.

~RM
Edit: Still no edge. Same vVM. Little worried.