HELP! Email Attachments

davidg72

Jan 28, 2009
Hi all,
Massive problem. I had been using my 2g iPhone via my work's MS Exchange email and have just left the company. My mail has obviously been disabled at the exchange end but I still have my last synced batch on my iPhone. I have lots of spreadsheets, etc that would be very useful in my next role (lists of clients, etc) but am unable to get these files off the iPhone and onto my home computer.

Can anyone please help me?

Ainkor

Bronze
Jan 4, 2009
Hi all,
Massive problem. I had been using my 2g iPhone via my work's MS Exchange email and have just left the company. My mail has obviously been disabled at the exchange end but I still have my last synced batch on my iPhone. I have lots of spreadsheets, etc that would be very useful in my next role (lists of clients, etc) but am unable to get these files off the iPhone and onto my home computer.

Can anyone please help me?
Not to sound like an elitist jerk (hey, it is the iPhone forums though!) but you probably don't want to get into using client lists from a previous employer. If I had a person who worked for me that did that I would definitely have a conversation with my lawyer.

That being said, you could set up another email account and try to forward it. I know when I set up a mobile me account email along with my exchange account it defaulted to sending things from my mobile me email address.

Worth a try!

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
The attachments should still be attached to the emails in your iPhone. Just forward them to a different email account.

And PS: I agree with Ainkor. "Not cool"

davidg72

Jan 28, 2009
Thanks to Showguy and Ainkor for the replies...especially the socially conscious words of wisdom ! :) Not sure how the world would operate if we didn't utilise our contacts from previous positions?

Anyway, both suggestions involve forwarding the emails to a different account. I'm not sure how I could do that since the email account (exchange) is no longer operative. Can't use mobile me as not strictly a conventional network user! (ie unlocked iPhone).