HELP - Email will not go to phone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ItalianBoston

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
I have a yahoo email address I am using and all the email i sent to that email address from a computer does not go to the phone, but it will go to the website when I sign in. I should also add, if I send an email to the yahoo address from another email address on my phone, the yahoo address on the phone gets the email right away. Can anyone tell me what is going on?

PlanB

Oct 11, 2007
Your post is a bit difficult to read, but I think I got the gist of it.

Basically you're saying that your yahoo! email is not being forwarded to your iPhone, however it is being delivered to the Yahoo! servers and you're able to view it on the web?

Are you trying to view your email when you're on EDGE? Have you tried Wi-Fi with a different result?

I use gmail with my phone and have noticed that when browsing on EDGE, occasionally my inbox will populate with new mail, but I'm unable to download the actual message from the server (usually due to poor reception).

The iPhone email settings are pretty simplistic, the POP settings are pre-installed so it's unlikely that you've messed those up somehow. Perhaps when you set up email on your phone the first time you mistakenly entered your password wrong?

Also, is there a chance you've accidentally turned off your yahoo account on the phone? I'd check your email settings first, if those are fine, try browsing wi-fi and see if you can view it then.