[Help] External Battery Pack

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I have a battery similar to that one in price an capacity and in my opinion it is well worth the money. It has proven invaluable, especially while traveling or for those times you need to charge and don't want to be tethered to your computer or a wall charger.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX

capri

Bronze
Jan 1, 2012
Great. Thanks for the inputs. I'll seriously consider the New Trent Battery Pack in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iCafe app

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Is anyone else tired of the first post "I'm thinking of buying..." threads?
It honestly didn't dawn on me that this might be a spam post. I often view the forums (and made my first reply to this thread from) the eiC app which doesn't show a users post count. Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to be more wary. ;)

capri

Bronze
Jan 1, 2012
I have a New Trent, but a slightly different model. I know of two other forum members that have used one as well and have said good things about them. You can't go wrong at that price.
Kadelic, if you don't mind me asking, how fast does the New Trent charges the iPhone ? Is it as fast as the wall charger ?
Thanks. I have one on order but got another 3 weeks before it arrives @ my door.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Kadelic, if you don't mind me asking, how fast does the New Trent charges the iPhone ? Is it as fast as the wall charger ?
Thanks. I have one on order but got another 3 weeks before it arrives @ my door.
I've never timed it to compare but it seems to charge it about as quickly as having it plugged in to the wall. I'll try to do comparison charges this week and post the results here.

capri

Bronze
Jan 1, 2012
Thanks-looking forward to your reply.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
The past two days in a row I've run my battery down to 8-10% and plugged it into my New Trent IMP880. Both times it took about three hours to fully charge. This was with some usage of the device while it was charging like playing WWF, a couple phone calls, texting, etc.

The problem I foresee in collecting data from charging from the wall is that

1. If I receive or have to make a call I automatically unplug the device until after the call, and
2. If it's plugged in while I'm asleep or engaged in other activity I don't know when it reaches a full charge.

It seems pretty comparable to the wall charger. Close enough to warrant the untethered versatility and freedom anyway. I fully charged my New Trent battery (8900 mAh) and it still shows 3/4 full after fully charging my device from ~10%

YMMV :)

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Here's something I should have considered earlier and just Googled: My external pack outputs 5V @ 0.6A while the stock wall charger outputs 5v @ 1.0A (same as the USB on my MBP). So the wall charger will charge faster but limits its use.