help! FAST! please

Sep 5, 2008
i posted yesterday that i was going to upgrade my 2g iPhone(unlocked) 1.1.3 to 2.0.2
had all the information, and followed these steps from this website:

http://www.iphone-hacks.com/2008/09/03/how-to-use-winpwn-25/

and did everything fine..

was on the last step, it entered DFU mode, then "windows encountered an error" in the winpwn...

the program shut down and now my iPhone has a white screen!

please help me..

Sep 5, 2008
ok, it was stuck with the white screen for like 10 min... now it rebooted and looks to be fine...

should i attempt the upgrade again?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
if it ain't broke...

though i am curious as to why you didn't upgrade to 2.1...

Sep 5, 2008
if it ain't broke...

though i am curious as to why you didn't upgrade to 2.1...

should I just try to do it for 2.0.1?
I mean I was thinking, if 2.0.2 is ready to go , why not.. Or would i be fine just going to 2.0.1

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Why wouldn't you just upgrade to 2.1?

You can easily upgrade then jailbreak/unlock with Quickpwn.

i posted yesterday that i was going to upgrade my 2g iPhone(unlocked) 1.1.3 to 2.0.2
had all the information, and followed these steps from this website:

http://www.iphone-hacks.com/2008/09/03/how-to-use-winpwn-25/

and did everything fine..

was on the last step, it entered DFU mode, then "windows encountered an error" in the winpwn...

the program shut down and now my iPhone has a white screen!

please help me..
i had this same exact issue a couple days ago... the process was almost over, then windows shut down the program and left me with a white screen on my V1... thats when i tried quickpwn and it worked well because winpwn kept closing on me

Sep 5, 2008
so, 1st I should upgrade to 2.0.1. Then use quickpwn to unlock and jailbreak

Sep 5, 2008
so, 1st I should upgrade to 2.0.1. Then use quickpwn to unlock and jailbreak
ok so i opened up my iTunes

connected the iPhone
it asked me if i wanted to upgrade to firmware 2.1
i clicked "download and install"

before it installed it , it asked if i wanted to back up the iPhone, i clicked "yes"

it started to back it up, then about a quarter of the way through it says "an error accoured backing up this iPhone (-54) would you like to continue updating this iPhone without the backup? (all contents onthis iPhone will be lost)

what should i do?

Sep 5, 2008
yeah I have another computer, how should I go about doing it?

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Maybe you should try reinstalling iTunes first and see what happens. I can't find much on this error 54. I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction.

Sep 5, 2008
Finally! Thanks to everybody... I am on 2.1..i was able to backup the phone, upgraded thephone to 2.1 from iTunes and used quickpwn to unlock and jailbreak my phone..

ive been downloading a few aps...

also if someone can help,

next to T-mobile i have a small circle to the right of it..what is it?can i get rid of it (is it bad)?

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Glad you are up and running!

The little circle means you are in a GPRS area. It's a step below Edge. I run into it here and there here in Vegas on the outskirts of town.

Finally! Thanks to everybody... I am on 2.1..i was able to backup the phone, upgraded thephone to 2.1 from iTunes and used quickpwn to unlock and jailbreak my phone..

ive been downloading a few aps...

also if someone can help,

next to T-mobile i have a small circle to the right of it..what is it?can i get rid of it (is it bad)?
awesome i told ya quickpwn would unlock it... and it activated it too?