Help : File transfer over WiFi

avin7000

Bronze
Jun 7, 2011
Guys suggest me an app which enables me to transfer files over WiFi. I got both iFile, from cydia & app store. I am not able to make cydia one to work, however appstore app taking too much time to copy the file. [took almost 20 mins for 2mb file :mad: ]

So suggest me an app which enables me to transfer files over WiFi faster. I have iPhone 4, 4.3.2, JB'ed. It should also work even if I am on airplane mode.

TIA :)

avin7000

Bronze
Jun 7, 2011
Can you tell the path where it saves ? so that I can move files using iFunbox ?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You don't need Air Sharing if you're jailbroken and using iFunBox. Just use iFile. Drag the files from your computer into the iPhone's file system with iFunBox and then access them on the phone with iFile.

avin7000

Bronze
Jun 7, 2011
LOL, I know that :p

I just want to know where air sharing saves the files in the system....

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
There is an Air Sharing app icon and you can access the files with it. If you want to access them in the file system, you'll need to use SBSettings to find the path. App Store apps get categorized and filed with a random number (see screenshot below).

SBSettings > More > App Folders > Air Sharing > note the first few letters and numbers. In this case, I would remember DE78. Then use iFile to navigate to /var/mobile/Applications/ and scroll until you find the folder that starts with DE78 (the number will be different on your phone). Select that folder and then choose the name of the folder you created with Air Sharing on the computer.

But you're making this more complicated than it needs to be. Like I said, you can just move your files into the folder of your choice in file system with iFunBox or iPhoneBrowser and then access them with iFile or you can use Air Sharing and access them through the Air Sharing app.

Here's what the folders look like in the Air Sharing app:

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
Can I also suggest "FullDrop" free in Cydia..

avin7000

Bronze
Jun 7, 2011

@mod - thanks for replying :)

@fijiman - thank you :)

right now I am not connected to WiFi, hoping these would work using Connectify also....