HELP! FROZEN iPhone

chynatown

Oct 25, 2007
Hello All,

I'm a newbie on this forum, so I hope I can get a helping hand. I have a unlocked iPhone v1.0.2 unlocked via ibrickr. The other day my phone had froze on the password screen. I tried entering my passoword and the numbers did not come up. I then tried to power off the phone and nothing.....I finally took out the sim card and it worked for about a couple of hours and then the same thing happened. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
Hello All,

I'm a newbie on this forum, so I hope I can get a helping hand. I have a unlocked iPhone v1.0.2 unlocked via ibrickr. The other day my phone had froze on the password screen. I tried entering my passoword and the numbers did not come up. I then tried to power off the phone and nothing.....I finally took out the sim card and it worked for about a couple of hours and then the same thing happened. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Your best bet will probably be to restore and then re-brick your phone ... sorry man

jarmani5

Oct 19, 2007
Today I was installing some apps from customizer, my phone then appeared frozen. I tried to power off my phone when I was unable to do that, pressed home and top button to reset. My screen started back up then began blinking..........................FINALLY it went back to my home screen but when I go to any icon, phone , installer, cusomizer, etc it appears to be FROZEN can anyone help

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Hold the home and sleep keys till the screen goes dark, then release the sleep key. hold the home key till the Apple logo or the connect to iTunes logo appears. Then you can do a restore.
Make sure that when you hit restore, that you are holding down the shift button so you can choose the 1.0.2 ipsw. Otherwise you could end up with 1.1.2

jarmani5

Oct 19, 2007
Hold the home and sleep keys till the screen goes dark, then release the sleep key. hold the home key till the Apple logo or the connect to iTunes logo appears. Then you can do a restore.
Make sure that when you hit restore, that you are holding down the shift button so you can choose the 1.0.2 ipsw. Otherwise you could end up with 1.1.2
I already have 1.1.2 "jailbroken".....now what

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
well, I would check on the forums, but I think you are ok to restore and then jailbreak again.

Jul 2, 2007
I have been having the same issue...

But I refuse to restore. I have too many damn apps and new mods. Hell to the naw! However, I have been having this problem for the last week. It happens off and on after some soft resets. I will keep soft resetting until someone figures out a solution, and you should do the same. After like the 6th reset or turning off for like 10 min, your phone will be ok again. They will figure out which app is doing this, and everything will be ok. I am so comforted by my iPhone forums. :laugh2: