Help getting to Restore Mode

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Link971

Aug 21, 2007
I decided to try to mod my iPhone. However, I'm trying to follow the instructions on the iBrickr program and for some reason, can't start my iPhone in Restore Mode. The instructions say I should turn the phone off, turn it back on, and as soon as the grey Apple logo shows, press and hold the power and home buttons at the same time until a yellow triangle appears. However, when I do that, the phone just shuts off. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I decided to try to mod my iPhone. However, I'm trying to follow the instructions on the iBrickr program and for some reason, can't start my iPhone in Restore Mode. The instructions say I should turn the phone off, turn it back on, and as soon as the grey Apple logo shows, press and hold the power and home buttons at the same time until a yellow triangle appears. However, when I do that, the phone just shuts off. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Keep holding it can take awhile depending on what you did to your phone.

Link971

Aug 21, 2007
Ah, I got it. Thanks. I figured I was doing something wrong when it shut off instead of going to the triangle, but I had to hold it for another 15 seconds. Thanks again for the help.

Sep 12, 2007
all i did was jailbreak my iPhone and ive tryed like 4 times to get to restore mode with no luck, ive waited 10 mins with my fingers on the 2 buttons. any ideas?