Help Glass broke!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 10, 2007
I dropped my phone and have 2 cracks in the glass :( Does anyone know how I would go about getting this fixed? Any help is greatly appreciated.

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
take to Apple store and pay the toll. Its gonna cost to have it fixed and you will be without your phone for a bit.
I'll second that! Make sure to back it up first! Suck it up and take it in. It's very possible they will send it off and send you a refurbished one and that might only take a couple days.

This brings up something I was wondering about when I got my iPhone replaced. If they have to send it off, I would be without a phone. Now, normally when you sign up for new service with a two year contract you get a free phone or a better phone at a discount. I didn't get that with AT&T, and i'm assuming that was the same for other new iPhone customers. Are we not due for a free phone? If my iPhone had been sent off, couldn't I go to an AT&T store and ask for a free phone that I didn't get for signing up with them?

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Apple will most likely not charge to replace it, atleast they werent a week ago.
Yes they will. I was in there buying a case and a girl and her father looked upset as she was told "no" abut a matter. It wasn't until I saw her iPhone have a giant crack down the middle that I understood the situation.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I'll second that! Make sure to back it up first! Suck it up and take it in. It's very possible they will send it off and send you a refurbished one and that might only take a couple days.

This brings up something I was wondering about when I got my iPhone replaced. If they have to send it off, I would be without a phone. Now, normally when you sign up for new service with a two year contract you get a free phone or a better phone at a discount. I didn't get that with AT&T, and i'm assuming that was the same for other new iPhone customers. Are we not due for a free phone? If my iPhone had been sent off, couldn't I go to an AT&T store and ask for a free phone that I didn't get for signing up with them?
I've heard a lot of people being given a loaner phone while theirs is in repair. It seems that they are given the 8gb model regardless of the size of the phone being repaired. Did you mean a loaner phone for free or an actual free phone to keep?

ceiph

Aug 1, 2007
also the iPhone wasn't subsidesed or w/e so with att you still can get a free phone... you could walk in the store today tell them u want the free razr or w/e and they would give u it. that of course would lock you into another 2 year deal and u couldnt get a discounted phone for 2 years but yes.... thats an option

Eiko

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Apple will most likely not charge to replace it, atleast they werent a week ago.
Uhh.. I've read of several people paying $250 (Apple) to have the glass replaced.

Free Glass for dropping your phone? Now THAT would be sweet.

MacManiac102

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Apple is really good at replacing products when it comes to all damage except physical user abuse.

Now, having said that, it also depends on who you talk to at an Apple store. My iPod Video was out of warranty when I dropped it and the screen broke. I thought I was done and would just have to use it as an iPod Shuffle but finally decided to take it in. It was way obvious that it was damage by being dropped but the genius at the genius bar took it and gave me a very very nice looking refurbished one.

I feel for you on that iPhone buddy. I know that feeling of "Noooooo!"

Oleg

Jul 16, 2007
Uhh.. I've read of several people paying $250 (Apple) to have the glass replaced.

Free Glass for dropping your phone? Now THAT would be sweet.
Yes Apple will replace damaged iPhones on a case by case by case basis.

The rep i Talked to at the Apple store stated that this was allowed by corp as a way to discover more about how the screens are holding up.

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
If you paid with your credit card
Some credit card give extra coverage like lost/stolen/damage.....
you may be covered i don't know it

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
This would be exaclty the reason for insurance. If I drop mine (being insured with State Farm) and anything breaks they replace it with NO deductible.

Sorry, I know it doesn't help you right now but it might be something for others to think about and for you when you get it fixed or a new one.

lilnef

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
wait

so if you have a crack or scratch in your screen, you can take it to Apple to fix it? I have a small scratch in my screen so i could pay Apple to fix it?

MacManiac102

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
so if you have a crack or scratch in your screen, you can take it to Apple to fix it? I have a small scratch in my screen so i could pay Apple to fix it?
Wouldn't Applecare be better than paying like State Farm? I mean, it is Apple.

I could be wrong here but I would think paying Apple to insure my iPhone would be better than any other insurance company. What kind of $$$ are you paying State Farm anyways?

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
Wouldn't Applecare be better than paying like State Farm? I mean, it is Apple.

I could be wrong here but I would think paying Apple to insure my iPhone would be better than any other insurance company. What kind of $$$ are you paying State Farm anyways?
My coverage is $42.00 a year. It is a replacement policy so no "fixing" anything--they just give me a check and I go to the Apple Store and buy a new one!

Apple insures their phone? I haven't heard anything about this. Do you have the details?

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
I've been reading all over online that some ppl were getting lucky and getting their iPhones replaced. I dropped Friday and went to the Apple Store today and I was told it was $199 + $30 for the loaner phone. I got an 8gig as a loaner.

The warranty only warrants physical malfunctions, not "negligent"

Bibliotch

Aug 16, 2007
I checked with my insurance carrier (State Farm) having seen an article that stated they would cover the iPhone for about $34 per year. Much to my chagrin my agent told me they cancelled all "personal electronics" coverage this year. Hmmmmm wonder why THIS year? Zees is velly intelestink, no?

starr1986

Aug 12, 2010
I dropped my phone and have 2 cracks in the glass :( Does anyone know how I would go about getting this fixed? Any help is greatly appreciated.

call 6785751808 he fix the glass for $60.00 i had my iPhone and my mytouch done and the glass was just cracked and he will come to u