Help! Headphone jack problems!

DHTPHTG34

Dec 30, 2007
I was doing some flying recently and had my phone in airplane mode for 2 days. When i got back and put it back into regular mode, i could not hear the phone ring and people could not hear me, nor could i hear them. Only on speaker phone.

So, checked the volume and it still said that i have my headphones plugged in. I put the headphones in and out a few times and now it just says headphone volume, but my phone does ring now.

I still cannot hear any one on a call and they cannot hear me.

I searched, but could not find anything. I remember reading someone's post about a while back.

any ideas?

thanks,

DHTPHTG34

Dec 30, 2007
I was doing some flying recently and had my phone in airplane mode for 2 days. When i got back and put it back into regular mode, i could not hear the phone ring and people could not hear me, nor could i hear them. Only on speaker phone.

So, checked the volume and it still said that i have my headphones plugged in. I put the headphones in and out a few times and now it just says headphone volume, but my phone does ring now.

I still cannot hear any one on a call and they cannot hear me.

I searched, but could not find anything. I remember reading someone's post about a while back.

any ideas?

thanks,
FIXED IT! NO NEED TO REPLY!

If you are listening to a sone in ipod mode and you just unplug your headphones and do not stop playing the song it thinks you are still listening and will not come out of headphone mode. i guess!

thanks,

cpolaris502

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
Rogers, MN
i know you figured it out but did you ever try restarting the phone? thats usually he first thing i try if something happens.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
i know you figured it out but did you ever try restarting the phone? thats usually he first thing i try if something happens.
That wouldn't fix it, there's a switch within the iPhone which tells it if the phone is in headphone or microphone mode so you just have to keep inserting the jack till it starts working.