help. how do i get iPhone out of recovery mode without having to restore

Sep 12, 2009
hello,
i have no idea why, but the new update for iPhone did not work when i was downloading last night and the phone put itself into recovery mode. i haven't synched it with my computer for a while and theres tons of stuff on there that i cant afford to lose if i choose to restore.
after doing a bit of research i found iNdependence and iFuntastic. iNdependence constantly displays 'Status: disconnected waiting for iPhone' so i cant do anything on it and iFuntastic i can not find where abouts to click to get the phone out of recovery mode.
if anyone could help that would be fantastic!
thanks

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
One of the things I've done to boot out of recovery, when downgrading after a baseband upgrade, is to use Quickpwn. Do not try to jailbreak with it, just try the first few steps where it boots it out of recovery. I do not know if this will work with 3.1, but it probably can't hurt. also have you simply tried a reset, holding the home and power button until it shuts off...do not release until the Apple logo appears.

Sep 12, 2009
so where do i find the download link to quickpwn?

thankyou for your help by the way much appreciated, and yes ive tried reset as well.