Help! How To Recover Without Updating!

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
I Installed Mobilecast and had some problems with it, i have to restore now! it says connect to iTunes and iTunes says that i have to restore when i click restore i have update and restore! but my iPhone is unlocked! how can i restore without updating from 1.02 please help :(

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
I Successfully restored my firmware but the unlock has gone :( i have to activate again and i can't login to download the anysim to unlock via iPhone how do i do that ? what do i need to install on my pc !? i have ibrickr and there is free my phone button i press it, it keeps saying extracting files but nothing happens :(

Help please!

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Did you follow the instructions to download the 1.1.2 jailbreak? You have to downgrade to 1.1.1 first, then prep it, then jailbreak. Read the readme.txt in the zip file from the dev team. It works.

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
Did you follow the instructions to download the 1.1.2 jailbreak? You have to downgrade to 1.1.1 first, then prep it, then jailbreak. Read the readme.txt in the zip file from the dev team. It works.
Dude i need to activate my iPhone and the software version is 1.0.2 this jailbreak version doesn't work ! :( i tried it, it says for 1.1.2

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
I fixed it now! i had to download the 1.0.2 original files, then open iTunes and restore with it (Shift + Restore to locate the file, without updating :) ) after the restore i used iDemocracy to activate and anysim to unlock !

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I fixed it now! i had to download the 1.0.2 original files, then open iTunes and restore with it (Shift + Restore to locate the file, without updating :) ) after the restore i used iDemocracy to activate and anysim to unlock !
Glad this worked for you. :cool:

jolene

Mar 15, 2010
just got a iPhone which is unlocken and i need to restore it without updating it any ideas?