Help - I bricked phone on update to 2.1

dude859

Nov 28, 2007
Hi - can anyone please help - I possibly stupidly upgraded to version 8 of iTunes and then downloaded the software for 2.1 - my original iPhone was unlocked version 1.1.2 which I then upgraded to verison 1.1.4 successfuly - however since the update to 2.1 my phone is bricked and it doesn't recognize my sim card - what I did so far was the following:
1) I restored the phone with iTunes version 8
2) On another pc I downloaded iTunes verison 7.5
3) On this same machine I tried connecting my iPhone and then I got the message that I need version 8
4) I tried using ZiPhone to jailbreak - prepare for upgrade as I was thinking this would be a clean install - however when I do this all I get is a message saying in recovery mode and nothing happens

Can anyone please help if possible - would much appreciate - as I would be more than happy to go back to 1.1.4 if at all

Thanks

Ger

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I believe you are kinda screwed until the dev team has an unlock for it.

OhWhyMe

Bronze
Jan 17, 2008
Are you a legit AT&T customer? If you are you should be able to put your phone into dfu mode and have iTunes find you phone and install the new firmware. If you search on here you should be able to find the instructions on how to do that exactly.
Good luck

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Are you a legit AT&T customer? If you are you should be able to put your phone into dfu mode and have iTunes find you phone and install the new firmware. If you search on here you should be able to find the instructions on how to do that exactly.
Good luck
He stated that he was unlocked. unless he can get boot neuter to work and downgrade the firmware, he's screwed.
It's a hell of a leap from 1.1.2 to 2.1. He needed to do more reseach before updating.