Help, I crashed my iPhone!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 9, 2007
I was just upgrading the new Customize and SMSd, iPhone froze so i did a hard reboot. Powered it back on and i get the Apple logo intro then it flashes to a bunch of black & white horizontal lines. That and the Apple logo alternate back and forth for 30 seconds. Then it boots up and freezes on the main page with all the icons with their default .png. I can't do anything at all. Nothing works and it just reloads every 30 seconds. If i reboot, same process happens. I plug in the usb and the iPhone doesn't show up on iTunes. Any help please... :0/

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Time for a restore.
Hold both the sleep button and the home key till the screen goes black. Release the sleep button and keep holding the home button till either the Apple logo or the "connect to iTunes" logo appears. restore to the current version of firmware you are using.

Jul 9, 2007
I did the sleep and home key numerous times. No luck at all. It just does a soft boot every 30 seconds! The touch screen is dead. Won't show up on iTunes at all.

Jul 9, 2007
Did that too, many times over. Keeps on doing a soft reboot :0/ Even with the USB plugged in, nothing shows up on iTunes and it doesn't have the battery charging icon. Really stuck!

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Did that too, many times over. Keeps on doing a soft reboot :0/ Even with the USB plugged in, nothing shows up on iTunes and it doesn't have the battery charging icon. Really stuck!
This may sound a little weird, but place your iPhone on the dock that came with your iPhone's package. Plug the dock into your PC. Then hold down both home and sleep until it goes into recovery. That's worked for a lot of people.

Jul 9, 2007
Just tried the dock method like you said. Did it twice just to make sure, same response as before. It's still stuck. I think there's no going back, it's shot, done, bricked in an endless loop, lol.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Just tried the dock method like you said. Did it twice just to make sure, same response as before. It's still stuck. I think there's no going back, it's shot, done, bricked in an endless loop, lol.
Yikes, sorry it's not working for you. Have you tried plugging the USB into a different port? Or perhaps try a different computer.

Jul 9, 2007
Got it to do a full restore! So happy. Had me sweating for a bit. Sucks that now i have to unlock it again and reinstall all my apps :eek:/ should be happy this happened before the new firmware 1.1.3 :eek:) Thanks to everyone who helped out.

brent

Nov 12, 2007
this just happened to my iPhone. i can get it to restore but it says it's going to install the latest firmware. i am currently running 1.0.2, how would i get it to upgrade to 1.1.1 or stay at 1.0.2. i DON'T want 1.1.1

durkadurka

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
this just happened to my iPhone. i can get it to restore but it says it's going to install the latest firmware. i am currently running 1.0.2, how would i get it to upgrade to 1.1.1 or stay at 1.0.2. i DON'T want 1.1.1
Shift + restore
Then select the 1.0.2 firmware

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Go to the downloads section at www.modmyi.com and click on the "firmware" section. Download 1.0.2 or whatever version it is you want. The either shift-click restore (if on a PC) or option-click restore (if on a Mac) and it will allow you to select which firmware file you want to restore. Select your newly downloaded firmware file from modmyifone and that is the one which your iPhone will restore to.

Of course the servers are being switched right now at modmyifone so it may take a little while to get the firmware. You can google to find it elsewhere, however.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
ok, easy way to solve this is to get the latest copy of ibrickr.exe installed on your PC (if you use a PC- don't know if it works for Mac or if there is another version specifically for Mac)
Do your restore.
When it completes and reboots the phone, open iBrickr and it should tell you that is sees the phone in recovery mode. You will have 2 options. Click the one to restart the phone. You will know if it is working if the screen is red with the connect to iTunes icon. If it's Green with the icon, then you will need to attempt a restore again.
at this point you should get back up and running

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
How about if i tell you that it turns red for ages
and i tried to downgrade to 1.0.2 from ibricker (i put the 1.0.2 file in the ibricker directory) yet it didn't worked!

saif_so

Jan 3, 2008
Help !

Got it to do a full restore! So happy. Had me sweating for a bit. Sucks that now i have to unlock it again and reinstall all my apps :eek:/ should be happy this happened before the new firmware 1.1.3 :eek:) Thanks to everyone who helped out.

hello man ... pleassssseeee HELP !
i have the SAME situation that u have please tell me how did u do it am totally devistated ... thanks a lot
my email is saif_so@hotmail.com name the subject "reply to iPhone" or send it here and i'll checkit out later please...
:(

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
hello man ... pleassssseeee HELP !
i have the SAME situation that u have please tell me how did u do it am totally devistated ... thanks a lot
my email is saif_so@hotmail.com name the subject "reply to iPhone" or send it here and i'll checkit out later please...
:(

Read the post above yours; the fixes are right there. Click on whatever links have been provided here to get the version you need. No one is going to hunt the information down for you, then email it to you. :(