Help, I had to reload Leopard and now my iPhone

catagory5

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
after I Re-installed leopard iTunes is all jacked up. It is saying that my iPhone is associated with another account or something like that. I have many applications on my iPhone that I paid for that I don't want to loose when I sync it to my imac. I know this may not make sense but I don't know any other way to say it. How can I sync my iPhone with my imac that is the same computer as before but it now has a a new load of Leopard on it.

Thanks for the help

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Authorize the computer again... if you're signed in to your iTunes account everything you've purchased in the past will still be available.

catagory5

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
yeah I tried that and for some reason it doesn't show anything. When I say I had to reload Leopard, I had to erase everything off my phone and then re install Leopard. Would that make a difference? I am basically starting off with a new computer.......I don't know,,,,I am confused.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
If you log into iTunes with the same username as you did in the past all of your purchases will me available for you. What you will likely lose are your contacts unless you've got them backed up elsewhere. I think you may have to set your phone up as new unless you've got your last backup file.

catagory5

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Yeah I don't care about my contacts. i can always add those again. When I plug in the iPhone it opens up iTunes just as normal as can be. But when I try to make it sync up with apps or music playlist it says that all info on iPhone will be erased. But yeah I am using the same login and password. Also, when I plug it in there is no option to set up as new phone.?

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Allow it to erase the info on phone then you can go to purchase history and reload what you've bought.

Nogard13

Jul 17, 2008
It will only erase your music and videos, not your ringtones, pics, apps, contacts, etc. I do it all the time between my work computer and my home computer so that I can transfer podcasts to my iPhone and listen to them in my car/gym. It's never erased anything other than music and videos stored on the iPod side.