Help in downloading Apple widgets

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
ppl how do u download widgets to your iPhone without the installer note that the installer doesn't contain all the widgets that are available in the Apple widgets download Site :mad:

so how can i download them via wifi (safari) or via pc (iTunes maybe? but on xp :( )both steps would be helpful if answered thanks in advance!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
If you are talking about the ones listed on Apple.com/webapps, then you can not download them to the phone.

They are webapps, so they will only open in Safari. You will be able to get applications from Apple in February when they release the SDK.

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
Damn i have to wait or i will download them to my pc then try a software to move them to my iPhone maybe ibricker ?

thanks anyway you're helping a lot!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
You cannot download them at all. And as far as I know, you can't move apps for the PC to the iPhone. You can move apps made for the iPhone from a PC to the iPhone, using SSH, but not webapps.

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
ok please can you notify when similar application is made for this issue

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I remember the installer app having something that would install an app on your phone that allowed you to use widgets. I was going to install that app and then realized what you are bringing up. Now that it was on there, what then? How do you actually get a widget onto the phone from there. I have no answer to that one.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
You can install the widget app from installer. Then you have to move the widgets over to your iPhone with ssh just like adding NES roms.

Only html widgets will work (like espn). If you open the widget package and you see it has a mac executable in it, it will not run on the iPhone.