help installer icon missing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cy246

Oct 20, 2007
Hey i recently got app tap downloaded a whole bunch of stuff and now my installericon is gone and i only can have 16 icons on my iPhone... is there anyways to get the icon back please help!

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
there are 2 apps that can save you right now.. there is rsbt or dock.. the dock app puts a little yellow star burst on the right bottom corner that allows you to access all the apps that you have on the phone. second the rsbt allows you to chose the order and location that the icons are in.. if you don't have either of those on your phone that that sucks.. im sure that there will be others suggestions .. good luck

krizmyk

Oct 22, 2007
:laugh2:Same thing happened to me...missing installer! cant delete or uninstall other applications....what i did is to download AppTapp again and re-install! just google search for the application....I immediately install rsbt or dock as advised by jjvaldez
Hey i recently got app tap downloaded a whole bunch of stuff and now my installericon is gone and i only can have 16 icons on my iPhone... is there anyways to get the icon back please help!

mossa

Oct 25, 2007
missing installer icon

:laugh2:Same thing happened to me...missing installer! cant delete or uninstall other applications....what i did is to download AppTapp again and re-install! just google search for the application....I immediately install rsbt or dock as advised by jjvaldez
I think i got the same problem here..i install too many apps erasing the installer icon..you said you reinstall AppTapp..does it work? how did you do it? can u help me please.

krizmyk

Oct 22, 2007
Missing Installer Icon

I think i got the same problem here..i install too many apps erasing the installer icon..you said you reinstall AppTapp..does it work? how did you do it? can u help me please.
What i did: Before you begin make sure to finish syncin your iPhone with itune and leave it connected.

1. download Apptapp for windows (because i am running Vista)from this website http://www.iphonealley.com/news/apptapp-for-windows-released
But if you have a mac OS they have one as well.
2.Save this file to your computers harddrive, Extract the file. do not open or run it yet.
3. Now Close the itune program which was running . check with task manager by presing Ctrl+Alt+del at same time to make sure it is closed.
4. now open the file AppTapp which was exracted.
5. let the program run by itself..it will pause at different intervals but don't panic...you will also see a yellow triange in your iPhone screen Saying TO START iTUNE ...don't do anything...just let the program to finish what it was doing....
6. your iPhone will then reboot by itself...then slide unlock on your iPhone...walla Installer Icon is back!
7. this time make sure you open installer again and install rsbt or dock me i used Dock...now you can access all Icons 16+++ which can't be seen on your iPhone's front screen....GOOD LUCK!
NOTE: I'm using Version 1.0.2 on my iPhone...don't know if it will work on the new released version 1.1.1

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Thank you for taking the time to write up those very good directions. One thing to note, rsbt is now included inside the customize program so you may not see it listed separately within Installer or iBrickr any longer.

daniel13

Oct 15, 2007
hi, i have the same problem - missing installer icon. after following the steps krizmyk has mentioned, the installer icon is back and successfuly removed some of the icons. the recovered installer is v2.63. funny thing is that the installer v3.0 appears in uninstall tab, the install button appears on the top right screen. when i click on it, i hit error - no location defined in package.

i was not able to install summerboard (old) on my 1.0.2, thinking it is because of the problem above that i need to install installer v3.0 first.

so, without solving installer v3.0 problem, i am not able to install summerboard (old).

please help.

ray00136

Oct 28, 2007
help!

What i did: Before you begin make sure to finish syncin your iPhone with itune and leave it connected.

1. download Apptapp for windows (because i am running Vista)from this website http://www.iphonealley.com/news/apptapp-for-windows-released
2.Save this file to your computers harddrive, Extract the file. do not open or run it yet.
3. Now Close the itune program which was running . check with task manager by presing Ctrl+Alt+del at same time to make sure it is closed.
5. let the program run by itself..it will pause at different intervals but don't panic...you will also see a yellow triange in your iPhone screen Saying TO START iTUNE ...don't do anything...just let the program to finish what it was doing....
6. your iPhone will then reboot by itself...then slide unlock on your iPhone...walla Installer Icon is back!
7. this time make sure you open installer again and install rsbt or dock me i used Dock...now you can access all Icons 16+++ which can't be seen on your iPhone's front screen....GOOD LUCK!
NOTE: I'm using Version 1.0.2 on my iPhone...don't know if it will work on the new released version 1.1.1

i had rSBT installed and 16 applications on home running fine, installed couple more and now the installer and the rSBT bot are missing. please help!

ray00136

Oct 28, 2007
help

i have an unlocked firmware 1.0.2 and intaller disappeared, is it ok to reinstall the installer using the above link you mentioned. i am hesitant that its might lock my phone.

iczzzz

Nov 4, 2007
i've got the same problem. I just want my installer 3.0 back...

hi, i have the same problem - missing installer icon. after following the steps krizmyk has mentioned, the installer icon is back and successfuly removed some of the icons. the recovered installer is v2.63. funny thing is that the installer v3.0 appears in uninstall tab, the install button appears on the top right screen. when i click on it, i hit error - no location defined in package.

i was not able to install summerboard (old) on my 1.0.2, thinking it is because of the problem above that i need to install installer v3.0 first.

so, without solving installer v3.0 problem, i am not able to install summerboard (old).

please help.

daniel13

Oct 15, 2007
that's solved. but now i got myself another worst problem. cannot connect to network, no wi-fi, everything is GONE. try to recover by installing 1.0.2 firmware. but i think it got worst. now what i have is "incorrect sim, insert an unlocked and valid sim to activate iPhone."

no response from the forum so far.

sigh....