Help! Installer not working anymore!

MileHiPhone

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
I hope someone can help me. For some reason Installer will no longer update or install programs. The status bar will go through the downloading process, but then midway through the installing or updating process it simply exits installer and the program is not updated or installed. It will uninstall programs. I am running 1.1.2.

Any ideas? What will I do with my days if I can no longer anxiously check Installer for new apps?

Thanks for any help.

p.s. I did search and saw that others have had problems that are at least similar if not the same. The only advice was to restore -- I am hoping for some other pearl of wisdom if there are any. I have four pages of apps and all sorts of customizing and would rather not redo that. In fact, if that is my only option I'll stick to putting new apps on with IBrickr I guess. Thanks.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I hope someone can help me. For some reason Installer will no longer update or install programs. The status bar will go through the downloading process, but then midway through the installing or updating process it simply exits installer and the program is not updated or installed. It will uninstall programs. I am running 1.1.2.

Any ideas? What will I do with my days if I can no longer anxiously check Installer for new apps?

Thanks for any help.

p.s. I did search and saw that others have had problems that are at least similar if not the same. The only advice was to restore -- I am hoping for some other pearl of wisdom if there are any. I have four pages of apps and all sorts of customizing and would rather not redo that. In fact, if that is my only option I'll stick to putting new apps on with IBrickr I guess.
Thanks.
Too. Many. Apps.

Rather, too many big apps.

Uninstall unneeded crap from your springboard.

Things you never use. Then reboot, and try updating or installing new things.

What the hell are you doing with four pages of apps? Is that with skip last row? Or no?

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
mhm.. Darkside, I suspect that it's either his connection or the installer server. The phone has plenty of ram/rom to rock tons of crap. Unless he's having slow load times for any given app, I'm gonna say it's a network issue.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
mhm.. Darkside, I suspect that it's either his connection or the installer server. The phone has plenty of ram/rom to rock tons of crap. Unless he's having slow load times for any given app, I'm gonna say it's a network issue.
But the op says he downloads fine its the installing part that screws him.

Sometimes 1.1.2 does that, I don't know why, really.. When I was on 1.1.1, I had like 59 springboard icons.. And I think that was the glass cieling. I think the springboard just can't display a certain number of icons

But maybe I'm wrong.

Happens.

MileHiPhone

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
hmmmm. Interesting. Thank you both foe the input. I have tried both on edge and wifi. Is there a way to increase the room allowed for apps and stuff? I only have approximately 246 mgbs or so of non-music/video stuff. I don't really have a bunch of stuff I don't use. One page of games, one page of original stuff, then useful things like camera pro, books, HP calc, finder, squid, sketches, etc.

Thanks.

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
hmmmm. Interesting. Thank you both foe the input. I have tried both on edge and wifi. Is there a way to increase the room allowed for apps and stuff? I only have approximately 246 mgbs or so of non-music/video stuff. I don't really have a bunch of stuff I don't use. One page of games, one page of original stuff, then useful things like camera pro, books, HP calc, finder, squid, sketches, etc.

Thanks.
wow only 246 megs of free space? You're definitely taxing your phone. You might not have enough room to install anything.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
No no I think he means he has 'only' 246 mb of apps and stuff on it.

waning that the cieling might be on 250mb or 52 icons (for 1.1.2)

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you, yet another eager awaitor of the iPhone SDK..

[applause]

Oh by the way in no way that was meant to be seen as a personal attack.

MileHiPhone

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
Too. Many. Apps.

Rather, too many big apps.

Uninstall unneeded crap from your springboard.

Things you never use. Then reboot, and try updating or installing new things.

What the hell are you doing with four pages of apps? Is that with skip last row? Or no?
Excellent diagnosis! You were right on. Fortunately, Boss Tool was available in the recent packages section of Installer and the description seemed like just what I needed -- moving apps to make more room! So I deleted some stuff until Installer would work again, then installed Boss Tool and moved my wallpaper, ringtones and apps. Now everything works again. Thanks for your help!
:laugh2: