Help installing NES/GBA ROMs on iPhone!

Mar 20, 2008
I downloaded both of the emulators on my jailbroken phone through installer and downloaded some ROMs .nes/.gba off the internet. I have a pc and used iPhonelist to create folders and move ROMs.
I'm not sure where to put them or if I'm putting them in the correct location. Actually, I'm sure it's not right, hence they don't work. Help! Please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Per your screen shot you are not actually in the root directory on your phone. That list of directories that is showing as being in the root directory is actually your Media folder. If you look up your list of directories you will see where you have one named ROMs (jsut below Photos), make the NES directory under that one and move your ROMS into there. See if that works for you. I don't use iPhoneList but if you were actually in your Root directory you would see a listing of directorys named Applications, Library, System, bin, cores, dev, etc, private, sbin, tmp, usr and var. The directory list you are seeing (shown in your screenshot) is the directories under /var/root (or mobile depending upon firmware version)/Media.

Mar 20, 2008
Per your screen shot you are not actually in the root directory on your phone. That list of directories that is showing as being in the root directory is actually your Media folder. If you look up your list of directories you will see where you have one named ROMs (jsut below Photos), make the NES directory under that one and move your ROMS into there. See if that works for you. I don't use iPhoneList but if you were actually in your Root directory you would see a listing of directorys named Applications, Library, System, bin, cores, dev, etc, private, sbin, tmp, usr and var. The directory list you are seeing (shown in your screenshot) is the directories under /var/root (or mobile depending upon firmware version)/Media.

Everytime I try to add ROMs to the folder ROMs/NES it will say they are copying by it takes a few seconds and it doesn't work. Do you recommend another program to access my phone? (using windows (vista))

OhWhyMe

Bronze
Jan 17, 2008
Everytime I try to add ROMs to the folder ROMs/NES it will say they are copying by it takes a few seconds and it doesn't work. Do you recommend another program to access my phone? (using windows (vista))
How about WinSCP?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
If you are on a Windows machine I would use iPhonebrowser. It connects to the phone using the usb cable instead of the IP over Wifi and requires no login information. It displays the files on the phone like Windows Explorer does.