Help: iPhone 3G back/bezel replacement?

BEARS

Aug 23, 2008
My iPhone 3G is damaged enough on the back and silver bezel that I want to get those parts replaced. Applecare doesn't cover accidental damage and they will only fix phones at a flat rate of $200. I've never been in this situation so I'm looking for another service that will either take my phone and replace these parts, or ship them to me with instructions on how to change them. I've honestly looked everywhere and found nothing. Thanks.

iphoneshmeyephone

Bronze
Feb 2, 2008
get a case that covers the back and bezel. And stop dropping your phone geeeeeeeeeez

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
My iPhone 3G is damaged enough on the back and silver bezel that I want to get those parts replaced. Applecare doesn't cover accidental damage and they will only fix phones at a flat rate of $200. I've never been in this situation so I'm looking for another service that will either take my phone and replace these parts, or ship them to me with instructions on how to change them. I've honestly looked everywhere and found nothing. Thanks.
I know of a guy who repairs ipods and sends them back into service as refurbihsed units. I'm not sure if he repairs iPhone but if you'd like I can ask but to be quite honest beings the iPhone 3G is so new I seriously doubt he'd have the parts for it.

Shoot me a PM

BEARS

Aug 23, 2008
Yeah thats one issue that I'm running into, part availability is pretty low. I've decided that I'd like it to be through an Apple certified care center just because I want to keep my warranty in tact. Thanks for the offer though.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
For $200 if you have an 8 gb phone you'd be better off getting a new phone.

Hope everything works out :)

BEARS

Aug 23, 2008
I'm pretty sure thats what they would just do... but the damage isn't really all that bad, the screen is still totally fine. So I'll have to wait to see what my options are.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
Search forum for replacement guide or replacement parts. They posted a link to where you can obtain parts.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Bears I hope you ordered the right case because the one you linked in your post is for the original iPhone, not the 3G.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Check this out and see if it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

NOVAK

Bronze
If you want to replace the back, make sure your order the back housing and the chrome bezel because you wont be able to separate them if you take your phone apart.

zigzagler

Sep 15, 2008
If you want to replace the back, make sure your order the back housing and the chrome bezel because you wont be able to separate them if you take your phone apart.
Is the back cover sealed with the bezel? If yes, do you know where I can find the 16GB back cover(black)?

cheers!