iPhone 6 Help! iPhone 6 black screen dropped

JWA

Apr 8, 2016
Hi there, dropped my iPhone 6 and now is completely dead. Black screen, no sound, no vibration. It is currently on charge and u have tried holding the power button and home button to reset but no luck :( I have rung my phone using my gf phone and it doesn't go straight to answer machine - it rings but my phone just stays black, no sound or vibration. Any help please??

Thanks

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Sounds like you may need to make a trip to the nearest Apple Store. Did you get AppleCare+ when you bought the phone? If so it is still under warranty. Good luck. Let us know the outcome.

JWA

Apr 8, 2016
no I haven't got applecare+ or any insurance . But it is 11 months old so technically just under warranty? The screen doesn't appear to be smashed

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Does iTunes recognize it? Try restoring it on your computer. If that doesn't work and there are no visible signs of damage, Apple will likely replace/repair it for free. It could be a loose connection. Make an appointment at an Apple Store.

PeterHolland

Sep 4, 2019
Trying using iTunes to restore your iPhone 6 may repair the black screen issue. My friend has tried this way to resolve the same problem. If you mind losing data, you may need an iPhone issue repair on windows tool to help you. It is said that such a tool can not only fix various iOS problems but also cause no data loss during the process. Of course, if the hardware of your iPhone 6 is broken, it is better to fix it in the Apple store.