Help! iPhone acting weird!

Nov 16, 2007
here is my story, had it for a month now and today around noon it felt really hot and it would not turn on. I went home maybe thinking it need to be charged. Some it turnd on and the battery indicator was red but it was still really hot.On my iTunes i had a message sayinf error "1602" on my iPhone it said "cannot make calls contact Apple.com. I did a reset and the screen started getting a distorted really scary. It wont paly a music video i have on it the speakers sound distorted and its still hot and wont fully charge,what happened? help thanks

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Did you leave it in the car or something? Exposed to direct sunlight? Is it unlocked or have you tampered around with it?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Sounds like a trip to the Apple store for an exchange to me... if you've jailbroken it, restore it first... if you can...

Nov 16, 2007
weird iPhone

i got of hold of a rep. and could not fix it,he made me an appointment at my nearest Apple store. So what happens there?do i get a new one?

Nov 16, 2007
weird iphome

is your iPhone stock or jailbroken?

its a stock iPhone with no 3rd part apps. the one thing that worries me is that i don't have a receipt because it was a gift but the rep.at Apple said it was not a problem, that if it was not fixable the would give me a new one even an 8 Gb, i hope so

iPimp

Bronze
Nov 12, 2007
its a stock iPhone with no 3rd part apps. the one thing that worries me is that i don't have a receipt because it was a gift but the rep.at Apple said it was not a problem, that if it was not fixable the would give me a new one even an 8 Gb, i hope so

Apple has never asked me for a receipt on ipod returns / exchanges,they go off the serial number to check warranty..

cpolaris502

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
Rogers, MN
thats weird. my phone started doing the EXACT same thing that yours is doing.

mine started doing it after the battery died on monday night. i brought it home and put it on the charger and it showed the battery symbol just like your saying, then on iTunes it gave me the exact same message about not making/reieving calls. and the screen went crazy, wont charge or turn on for that matter.

i have an appointment at the Apple store tonight to get it fixed/swapped. mine was jailbroken until i upgraded the firmware so it went back to factory settings.

edit: after reding your post again, my phone did everything that yours did, even in the same order, to the T.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Most likely the Genius will check it out and fix it if it's repairable for no charge.

If it's permanently damaged, though, you may end up having to pay for a replacement.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i have never had to have a receipt for any of my MANY exchanges..

(my sister has had about 6 iPods, long story short, i have no idea why they keep going insane..)

(oh and i had to return my iPhone and it was after the 14day warranty with no receipt aswell.)

(parenthesis)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
(Parenthesis are awesome.)
(Very awesome to use.)

cpolaris502

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
Rogers, MN
to update about what i posted earlier:

i brought it in, told him what was up with it and he told me it was a rare thing to happen. then he plugged it in and did a reset. (home/sleep). there was no response so he turned around and grabbed me a new (refurb) phone and sent me on my way after typing some info into the computer.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
At least you got a new(ish) phone. I still don't like the fact that they give out refurbished phones, but at least it's a fix.

cpolaris502

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
Rogers, MN
refurb is fine with me. for all i know it is new, it looks and functions like a new one.

Nov 16, 2007
weird iPhone!

well i took in at my nearest Apple store and wow that place was packed! the genius was messing around with goes to the back room and gives another iPhone out of a white box,don't know if it's new or used,looks new but i doubt it,but i wont complain . But the last time i used this phone was at a walmart. I put it in a boombox to see if it would play after that its was when al this stuff happened, so idont know if it was that or just got a bad iPhone.