Help: iPhone Contacts Missing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adriancwm, Dec 1, 2011.

1. adriancwm

adriancwm New Member

Hi all
    Need help. My previous phone was a iPhone 4. After I sold my iPhone 4, I added a new hard-disk to my pc. The old hard disk is still inside, although the capacity is almost full.

Here's the problem. I recently bought a new iPhone 4S. Now I want to SYNC the old contacts (stored on my old hard-disk) to my new iPhone 4s. How do I do that?

Summary: now I've got a new iPhone 4S and a new hard-disk inside my PC. How do I look for my old contacts (in the same PC, but another hard-disk) and sync it to my new phone?

Is this really a complicated issue?

Please HELP...

2. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

What Address Book program are you using on your new HD? And on your old one.

3. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

You *should* be able to tell your contacts app on the new hard drive to import contacts. When you do this you will have to navigate to wherever they are stored on the old disk (connected) and select that location.

4. adriancwm

adriancwm New Member

I just bought the new iPhone 4S. Just hooked up to my iTunes. I selected 'Outlook".

5. adriancwm

adriancwm New Member

Thank you Sir. But I'm NOT tech savvy, and so I don't know how to do all those things you've said.

6. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Or if running Outlook, export contacts from old drive as pst file and import into Outlook on new drive and sync iPhone with Outlook through iTunes.

7. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Or once you get your contacts onto your new HD download the iCloud Control Panel and sync PC contacts to iCloud, then sync from iCloud to your iPhone.

8. Vonwachtstain

Vonwachtstain Member
    Bronze

Wouldn't it be easier to just copy iTunes folder located on the old HDD and paste it on the new HDD?

9. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

There is no contact files folder in iTunes.

10. sera

sera New Member

I updated my iPhone 4 and somehow my contacts book has gone missing and I cant find it in either iTunes or my iPhone.
    Is there any way of getting it back?
    Thanks

11. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Try a spotlight search from left most screen, for "contacts"

Sent from my mobilephone using Tapatalk

12. sera

sera New Member

Thanks for the reply :)
    I did try that but nothing loaded.
    Ive been told its not possible to delete your contact book from your iPhone yet mine is definatly gone.

13. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Wait for some of the more technical iPhone people to chine in but I'm think restore add new should reinstall the base apps for you. Just copy your personal data off the unit.

Sent from my mobilephone using Tapatalk

14. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Do a hard reset. hold the home button and sleep button at the same time, don't let go till after the phone turns off and Apple logo appears and disappears again. Wait few seconds and turn your phone back on.

15. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

Don't know if
    You have tried this already but when you update to ios 5 it moves contacts into a folder. I thought the same thing, that it was gone. Have you looked everywhere. If all else fails make sure your phone has been synced and restore and set up as new. If that doesn't fix it then you'll have to make a appointment at the genius bar with Apple. Hopefully this helps

16. sera

sera New Member

Hey everyone thanks so much for the responses :)
    I did manage to get my contacts app back thanks to all your help, but now it is empty!
    I do remember when I was doing the update, iTunes asked me if I wanted to back up everything from my phone and I chose to do so.
    Would my list of contacts be in there somewhere?

17. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Check your phone app and see if they are there, if they are just click on any of them and they should appear on your contact app list.

18. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Try syncing your phone. Contacts should reappear.

;)

19. sera

sera New Member

No, nothing, Ive had to re-add the numbers that I know, but have lost all numbers I don't know off by heart

20. sera

sera New Member

I tried that twice, but alas, no contacts still :(